Grand Hotel Amrath Amsterdam
Ambassade Hotel(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
$379
Excellent 5/5
  • Restaurant
Ibis Amsterdam Centre(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
$238
$1,139
$496
  • Pool
4,168 results
All reviewsfree mini barwellness centreshipping houseelectric curtainssuperior deluxe roomshipping companycentral stationsteam roomrestocked dailytrouser pressnespresso machinespa areaseparate showercity viewthe red light districtunique hotelremote control
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 31, 2010

The Grand Hotel Amrath is not only beautifull it is also perfect for a city or business trip. This is the first hotel I have ever been where the mini bar in your hotel is for free (!!). Besides of the very well equiped room the hotel has a marvelous (but small) swimming pool, and SPA. Do not forget to go to the roof top, you'll have a great view over the city of Amsterdam. I can fully reccomend this hotel!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank Bobijntje
Reviewed May 20, 2010

The Grand Hotel Amrath is an impressive hotel with an ideal location. While many multi-star hotels can really only boast of a dazzling lobby and exterior but provide cramped, limited rooms, the Amrath's room was fantastic. The gorgeous art nouveau theme was also very well done IN the room. The free minibar is a dream. A red wine, a white wine, two beers, a candy bar, nuts, orange juice, hard liquor, espresso machine. Wow! And restocked every day. A very comfortable, truly clean room. I had a beautiful view of a canal from my room's window. Central Station is a 5 minute walk. Too see Amsterdam, all you need is a one, two or three day public transit pass. The tram is the perfect way to go - I paid 15.50 euro for a three day pass. I used the tram with the assistance of the map the hotel provided. The service at the Amrath was wonderful. I found the Amrath via Hotwire and am so pleased with it. One of my all time favorite hotels. I highly recommend the Amrath.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled solo
3  Thank MCOTravelor
Reviewed May 19, 2010

I stayed in the Amrath hotel with my dutch girlfriend. When we checked in, we met a very nice guy who helped us with our stuff.
The trip to the room was quite a happening, it was beautiful. The elevator, the stairs..We were told that it is a monument.
The room was really unique with a very nice city view.
The next morning we took an urly swimm and had breakfast on the room....:-)

Next time we will visit Amsterdam, we sure gonna book this hotel again!

Roy

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 19, 2010

A very good hotel in an excellent location within easy walking distance of the city center.
Staff very friendly. Rooms vary in size, but very clean and nicely furnished. Our only fault
was with the restaurant , the food being not up to the expected standard, considering the
price....best avoid.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 18, 2010

This really is a beautiful hotel in a great location. We had a beautiful view. The bed and linens were very comfortable. We did not have a laptop computer with us so we really enjoyed the business center with a printer attached. I needed to print boarding passes for our ryanair flight. It was more expensive than the hotels we normally book. It was Queen's Day and most hotels were booked. We really enjoyed our stay here though.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple