$230
$193
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of $279/night.

$220
NH Hotels
Hotel Sebastian's(Amsterdam)
$203
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $245/night.

Banks Mansion(Amsterdam)
$285
  • Breakfast included
$219
$203
NH Hotels
Savings alert! 56% below average rates

The price you found is 56% lower than this hotel's average rate of $466/night.

$189
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $220/night.

$469
$377
Hotels.com
$189
$178
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of $243/night.

Ambassade Hotel(Amsterdam)
$417
$382
Hotel Estherea(Amsterdam)
$304
$242
  • Room Service
4,302 results
All reviewsfree mini barwellness centreshipping houseelectric curtainssuperior deluxe roomshipping companycentral stationsteam roomrestocked dailytrouser pressnespresso machinespa areaseparate showercity viewthe red light districtunique hotelremote control
Reviewed October 16, 2017

I stayed here for a single night on business. The staff were great and welcoming, but the architecture, whilst stunning, is almost gothic in appearance. It had a cold feeling about it and would have scared the pants off my kids. The art deco building is wonderfully preserved but it felt like spending a night in a museum.

My room was on the third floor. Good luck in finding room 328 if that’s where you are sleeping.

The bed was great and very comfortable. The minibar is free which is a nice touch. But if you are looking for cosy and intimate there are better places to stay in Amsterdam.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled on business
1  Thank timl11
Amrath A, General Manager at Grand Hotel Amrath Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2017

Dear timl11,

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Grand Hotel Amrath Amsterdam! Thank you for making your comments known to us.
I will make sure to pass your compliments on to our staff, they will be happy to know that you enjoyed their service and that they made you feel welcomed.
Regarding your comment about the design of our hotel, I would like to inform you that the building in which our hotel is located used to be the office of six different shipping companies, and was built in the early 20th century in the architectural style of the ‘Amsterdam School’ Although we are very proud of the unique and historical design of our building, we understand it is not for everyone. As a result of the monumental nature of our building there are slightly unconventional spaces and layout throughout the hotel which can cause some of our guests to lose their way navigating to their rooms. I apologize if this caused you inconvenience in any way.
How wonderful to hear that you were comfortable in your bed and that you enjoyed the complimentary minibar in your room.
We hope that you will consider giving us a second chance to redeem ourselves from this experience and prove that we are able to provide our guests with the 5 star experience that so many have grown fond of throughout the years.
If you do, please book with us directly for the best rates and most complete information on the hotel and its surroundings. You can do so either via email reservations@amrathamsterdam.com or via our website.

Reviewed October 15, 2017

The hotel smelt foisty, if this was a superior deluxe room, i hate to see the standard room, the window was just a view into another window, the room was dark even with the lights on, this is not a 5 star hotel, as for the spa, its more like a treadmill in a dungeon, save yourself money and get a proper hotel

Room Tip: dont use this hotel
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Siejohnson

Dear Siejohnson,

We appreciate you sharing your valuable input with us.
I regret to hear that you were not happy with the room allocated to you, regarding the the unpleasant odor in your room, I will make sure to alert housekeeping of this matter immediately. As for your disappointing view, I do wish you would have informed us of this during your stay as we would have been more than happy to assist you in this.
As for your comment on our Wellness center, I am sorry to hear that you feel that way!
I would like to further discuss this important matter with you, if you would be willing. If so, please feel free to contact us at guestrelations@amrathamsterdam.com. We hope to hear from you soon!

Reviewed October 15, 2017 via mobile

The hotel is an old building dating in 1912, with a lot of history and architectural interest. It Is a classic building but Common spaces are limited and there is a small not well defined area for a reception. Breakfast area in the bar area or sufficient.

The rooms are big enough if you pay deluxe and even though I requested with view, we were stuck in a room with no view. I paid for two rooms for my family average more than 600$ per nights and we were placed in an inside courtyard and no view of the canals. They do have Plenty of rooms with view and very limited views from the inside rooms.My recommendation is to price those rooms are much lower than the regular rooms. The staff at the reception and concierge are not very helpful, especially the night crew. The day teams are a little better.
I tried the Spa and it is definitely not a good place. Instead of relaxing soothing smells of lavender there was the smell of urine. The gym is minimal and the pool is big enough but very crowded. The staff was helpful at the pool area.
We tried breakfast and there was a big buffet with multiple choices but definitely overpriced.
Generally I do not recommend a stay at this hotel if you can book across the street at the Hilton, maybe.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family
4  Thank mtp1970

Dear mtp1970,

While I wish your experience with us would have been better, I want to thank you for sharing your valuable comments with us.
I regret to hear about the disappointing issues that presented themselves during your stay with us. I am sorry that you were not satisfied with the view of the room allocated to you. Whenever a guests requests something such as a preferred type of bed or view, we always make it a point to inform them that although we will try our utmost to accommodate them in this, we unfortunately cannot guarantee this as these particular requests are subject to occupancy. In your case, occupancy did not allow our Front Desk staff to allocate you to rooms with canal view as they were all occupied at that time. As for your comment on our service, I sincerely regret to hear that you feel that way! Here at the Grand Hotel Amrath Amsterdam we pride ourselves on our good service which have caused many of our guests to return, yet it is apparent that we did not achieve this in your particular situation. For this, we sincerely apologize!
I will make sure to communicate your comments on the odour in the Wellness center to our Housekeeping Manager. Thank you for bringing this to our attention!
As for your comment on the breakfast price, I regret to hear you feel this way. We aim to provide our breakfast guests with a 5 star breakfast worthy of its price by offering an ample selection of high quality fresh dishes, freshly squeezed orange juice, and personalized omelets or pancakes on request.

Reviewed October 12, 2017 via mobile

Historic building, great location near main train station. Nice bar in lobby. Very friendly and helpful staff. Breakfast buffet was excellent. Walking distance to explore the city including the great museums.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
Amrath A, General Manager at Grand Hotel Amrath Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2017

Dear Michael K,

We thank you kindly for sharing your positive comments with us!
I am delighted to hear that our historical building was to your liking and that our central location was convenient for you.
We appreciate your positive comments on the friendliness and helpfulness of our staff team. How nice to hear that you enjoyed the large and varied selection of our breakfast buffet. We hope to be able to welcome you back soon! For your next potential visit, make sure you book with us directly for the best rates and most complete information on the hotel and its surroundings. You can do so either via email reservations@amrathamsterdam.com or via our website.

Reviewed October 11, 2017

I had booked two junior suites for my wife and our three teens. When we arrived, we were told that they only had one of the junior suites, but they upgraded one room to an executive suite, which my wife used. It was enormous. Has a great room, with a television, a nice bathroom and a separate bedroom with a television in it. The mini bar was free and stocked with beer, wine, water and sodas. The kids room, while not as big as ours, was also huge, and the kids loved it. We utilized the pool, sauna, hot tub and exercise room. All nice. The hotel staff was friendly and accommodating. The hotel is well situated across the bridge from Centraal Station, less than 10 minute walk. I must remark on what an awesome building this is - it is an over 100 year old shipping building that retains a lot of the original elements - just really amazing. I usually stay at a smaller hotel on Warmoesstraat that we really like, but after being at the Amrath, would be hard to go back to a smaller space. Hopefully, I will be back to Amsterdam soon and will definitely stay at the Amrath again. Would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
3  Thank delanet
Amrath A, General Manager at Grand Hotel Amrath Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2017

Dear delanet,

I am happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us here at the Grand Hotel Amrath Amsterdam! How wonderful that you enjoyed your complimentary upgrade to the spacious executive suite, with its complimentary minibar.
I am happy to learn you enjoyed our Spa Wellness center after a long day of exploring the city and that our central location was convenient for you and the plans you've made in Amsterdam. We appreciate your positive comments on the friendliness and helpfulness of our staff team as well as the historical architecture of our monumental building.
We look forward to welcome you back soon! For your next potential visit, make sure you book with us directly for the best rates and most complete information on the hotel and its surroundings. You can do so either via email reservations@amrathamsterdam.com or via our website.