New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“DO NOT GO HERE” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Rooms & Co B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Rooms & Co B&B
You added Rooms & Co B&B to your Saves list
Ranked #280 of 331 Amsterdam B&B and Inns
Wrexham
“DO NOT GO HERE”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

We booked the DELUXE room for 1 night. We arrived at 1pm (check in time) to find our room still had not been cleaned. The receptionist that showed us to our room was friendly and polite, he apologised for the mess and the delay and told us that the cleaner should be done by 5pm. We went out for the day and returned at 6.30. The room had still not been cleaned. At this point I started to worry. Because it's only a bed and breakfast the staff leave at 5. This meant there was no one there to try resolve our issue. We came back at 10 to find the room had been 'supposedly cleaned'.

Firstly, the room was falling apart. There was a hole in sink that had been duct-taped and cello-taped back together. The window pane in the bathroom had been cello-taped into the frame. There was a crack in pane in the bedroom that had been masking taped in place. The electricity sockets looked like a hazard, with wires hanging out.

The room looked like a drugs den. It was absolutely filthy. The walls and radiators were scummy and grotty, with stains and splatters. The carpet stunk mouldy and was moist, I couldn't walk around without shoes on. There was a cm of lime scale on the shower head, I couldn't bare to have a shower. There were hairs everywhere, on the headboard, in the carpet, all over the bathroom floor. The shower floor and bathroom floor were covered in grime. The toilet seat was filthy, I had to go out to buy anti-bacterial wipes to clean the toilet myself. It really was absolutely vile.

On the back of our door, were their rules. Please find the rest of the rules in pictures, but the two I found most laughable;
- You have to be out by 11am, or you will be charged €50... per hour!
(Although our room was still not ready to use at 6.30!! If not later. We should of been charging them for the state of our unusable room for 5 hours!)
- To leave the room in the same condition as at the start of the agreement, clean and tidy.
(We could of let a pack of wild hogs spend the night in our room and it couldn't of made it any worse than it already was!)

I didn't expect anything spectacular for the price, but the bare minimum you'd expect for £75 a night is to have a clean room in time for when you get there. I'd payed for breakfast but after seeing the state of their deluxe suite, I couldn't face eating anything made there. They filled us with promises of a modern, clean room with wifi and tea making facilities and what we got was the polar opposite. It was as if, as soon as they had my money, they really couldn't care less. We didn't see the manager, but after reading reviews on here (after we booked. I know we're idiots.. but lesson learned) we thought it was probably for the best not to complain. A mouth full of abuse on top of the state of the place really would have utterly ruined our whole holiday.

Thank goodness we were only there for 1 night. Do not book this place unless you want to ruin your holiday.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jade O

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Brussels, Belgium
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Do not reserve any room in this B&B....because you won't get it!!!

First, the "supposed" room was not ready at the check-in time. After chilling the day to wait for the room to get ready and available, we were told that they were facing a computer issue and that our reservation was not done! So no room available for us. Lucky for us, it was only 6pm and not 10pm...

Then we were told that we had a room booked in another hotel where we wanted to make sure to have a private bathroom, which the host confirmed. Arriving at "our new hotel", only shared bathroom rooms were available!! Approximately at the same price than those with private bathroom in Rooms and Co. After discussing with the manager, I learned that the host pretended to be me and used my credit card number to book the room!!

The reason: Room's and Co did the same thing just the day before with other guests!! And a few other times before...Their process is simple: they rent their rooms as auction: the cheapest booked rooms are put again on the market at higher prices to people willing to pay high.

Just a friendly piece of advice: unless you want to take the chance not to have a room when you arrived, avoid this B&B...

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Vincent V

Travelers are raving about these Amsterdam hotels

London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

First let me say this, once upon a time this was a lovely place, stayed many times years ago the women that owned it was lovely, she had 2 guys working with her from time to time and they were so helpful. That was then...

Jump forward to recently. It looked and smelled, the room was a total mess thin cheap towels that you could almost see through. The bathroom felt slimy, the sink spotted. The service almost non existent if you call it service. The manager/owner Danial was rude and non apologetic to the condition of the room. To top make things worse for us we both woke up the second night scratching like crazy... behold CRABS... I know we did not have them before we arrived!!!
The call it a 3 star hotel... Well needless to say we left and blocked payment... They wanted cash so glad I did not pay them. Don't pay cash

Someone should tell the Hotel or B&B association of the deplorable conditions of this hotel Does the department of Health have anything in the Netherlands about cleanliness or for that matter CRABS...
Not a happy ending to what was once a great place.

Room Tip: Although it is a quiet place I still warn you pay more someplace else.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank James M
West Midlands
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

We arrived at Rooms and Co at 7.30 having informed the hotel(twice) by email that we would be arriving sometime after 7 only to find that there was no one there to let us in. Fortunately one of the other guests came out and managed to get hold of someone to let us in. We were shown to a room that was dirty, with towels that were black, a completely rusty soap holder, lights that were non functioning, a hairdryer that was held together by tape and a tv that didn't work. The whole building was in a very sorry state of repair and the pantry where, according to the website, one could make coffee was filthy and had no provisions. There was, of course, no one on duty, the brazilian couple who let us in having disappeared. We decided to book alternative accommodation for the next two nights and to speak to the manager in the morning to cancel the two following nights accommodation sy Rooms and Co. The following morning Daniel was only available by phone. He was verbally very aggressive and would not accept any of our complaints about the room and finally said I was being unreasonable and he wanted us to leave. I told him that I was happy to pay for the one nights stay we had but he did not give us the chance to do this. I was only too glad to leave and contacted easyto book.com to ask them only to pay for one of the nights accommodation. Charming though they were they did not help at all and Daniel immediately authorised easytobook.com to take all three nights payment from my account. Don't even think about staying here and don't imagine that the pictures on the web or the booking sites bear any resemblance to the reality.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank LoolooWestMidlands
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

We decided to book this hotel because of the price and location (you have the tram stop 2 minutes away in walking distance). I was a little bit disappointed with the breakfast because there is a lack of variety. But for the price it is not so bad.
The room is comfortable, clean and warm, but avoid to choose upper floors because of the stairs. The best part of the room is the quality of the bed! it is really good.
In my opinion, the negative point is the reception does not work 24h (just from 8h to 5h). However, the staff is very friendly.

In general, i recommend rooms & co!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Di0gOliveira
Amsterdam
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

I wasn't expecting too much as I had read the hotel's description but what I found was a little less that expected. I was booked in for 2 nights. Don't stay here if you have trouble with stairs or you take a size shoe greater than 6(UK). Lots of narrow steep stairs, no lifts. Reception is in a cupboard at the bottom of some stairs. Rooms are all not covered by wifi, shower space is good but shower hoses are broken. I eventually moved to a "suite" about 8 blocks away from check in. No tea/coffee facility, no cups, no glasses in the bathroom. A clothes rack was all that was available. However, the room was clean and warm, the bed was comfortable and warm but read the sign on the back of the door before going out and leaving the radiators on! It looks like some houses have been converted but there is still some way to go!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com