“Just don't come here” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Inner Hotel

Inner Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hostel   |   Wanningstraat 1, 1071 Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Museum Quarter (Museumkwartier))   |
Ranked #181 of 216 Specialty Lodging in Amsterdam
“Just don't come here”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Where to start?

This hostel is near two major museums, but is still hard to find. The staff are unhappy and give poor service. The building needs repairs and renovation. Rooms are extremely cramped,low ceiling and no room to move. Secure deposit boxes broken. Only one window, which does little to ventilate the sweaty heat of the room. And then... BEDBUGS.Bedbugs in every bed in the room. Seeing how many other people have mentioned this problem, seems like the staff have known about this for a while, and haven't been bothered to get rid of them. The staff are behaving like to do anything to help us is some colossal, monumental burden rather than just doing their job.

Don't stay here. Why pay money for beds with bedbugs?

• Stayed July 2014
3 Thank innerhostelisshit

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Las Vegas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

We came here in a big tour group and were extremely disappointed with everything except the location. All of the staff, with the exception of one woman, were rude and not helpful. We were placed in a room with 6 people that was the size of a broom closet. There was absolutely no air circulation except for a small, dusty fan in the bedrooms and opening the window was out of the question because of the possibility of letting in more bugs. I say more because numerous rooms woke up in the morning with bed bugs bites and we were even able to see them crawling on the sheets and towels. Would not recommend to anyone, the uncleanliness is not worth the cheap price.

• Stayed July 2014
3 Thank JennaAC

Travelers are raving about these Amsterdam hotels

Nuremberg, Germany
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

We had early July 2014, a three-bed room booked. When we got there the lady who checked us in at the front desk very bored and unprofessional. In the room was once a terrible stench, the vent in the bathroom was broken. The two windows were temporarily opened because the bracket was broken and they did not close properly. To the stench from the bathroom, there is also the whole wall full of mold, especially in the shower. On the walls in the room were unidentifiable red and brown spots. The safe was broken and would not be closed without which we first felt very unsafe. On the bed sheet from my female friend was black spots, but that looked too much like mold in retrospect as feces of bedbugs turned out. For TV there was no remote. The towels were changed to happiness every day, but they smelled strange every time and there were yellow spots on it. At night there was terrible noise on the corridors so we waked up a lot.
But that was not everything. Since the safe was broken, we hid our valuables in different places. I hid coincidentally my money and credit cards in the pillowcase. When, after three days of the duvet cover was changed, only the cards had been placed next to my bed. 120 euros were taken. First, we are down to the front desk and reported it. The staff just said "Why do you put your money in the pillowcase?". No apology, no sympathy. We should come tomorrow, as the manager is in the house. The next morning, so we are back and told him we want to find out who cleaned our room. He said "On my staff I can trust 100 percent. They weren't.". He called the cleaning service and asked they if they remembered the pillows. The manager said "The rooms are always cleaned for two. But when they changed the pillowcase were only the cards out and not the money. The money is quite possible landed in the laundry." Then he did so as he would call comfortable there and let them search for it. Of course, with no result, as we have a few hours later asked for it. The manager did not do it even suffering and left me pretty stupid standing there. Under other circumstances I would be straight to the police, but I did not let me spoil the last days of vacation. In addition, the cleaning service had indeed a witness who was able to cover it and I can not prove it. Last when we were back home to good, got my two friends rashes on arms, legs, back and stomach. From bed bugs out of our room in the Inner Amsterdam. When we were there we saw two, three, four animals. We did not know what they look like exactly, for us they looked like woodlice and we did not want to think about it too - at home we googled it and they were some.
Good on Inner Amsterdam: close to downtown, so we do not often had to stay there for good luck. Internet and computers in the foyer.

I wouldn't recomment it!!!!!

Sleep Quality
1 Thank Marie S
Oakland, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

I have been at this hostel for 3 days now. I arrived with a cold/flu and the blonde woman and younger asian kid have been super helpful and attentive. They make this place feel like a home.

It is 1am local time and while I'm planning my future stay I hear someone screaming about using the hot water heater. "Nothing is free!!" says the fat man as he pursues an ad-hominem attack with me.

I will definitely not continue my stay with Inner. Clearly this person has no idea how to treat guests and I have no intention of supporting a business that takes its guests for granted. I suggest you take your hostel-needs elsewhere.

Happy travels!
I

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars
Chichester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

I was anxious before arriving at the hostel because we had read reviews that there were bed bugs.
We were all pleasantly surprised by the hostel as it was clean and functional, and we did not see a bed bug in sight.
I was in a private twin with an en suite which was perfectly acceptable and was cleaned on a daily basis.
The hostel is in a lovely area, located very near the museums and only a 10-15 minute tram to The train station, and half an hour bus from the airport.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
San Francisco, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

I just spent several nights here and my entire body is covered in bites that are obviously bedbugs. The staff clearly know all about it as I know for a fact a couple that stayed there at the same time as myself had to leave and were given a refund for this very reason.

Filthy place and the real cherry on top was the guys laughing at us in a different language then as we left said "night night dont let the....". SERIOUSLY.

1 Thank Salah Kal-El B
Leeds, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

alright hostel for the price and great location but i was covered in bed bug bites after staying for a week and our room had one tiny window which did nothing to cool the room so got really sweaty at night, staff were ok but could have been more helpful at times

Sleep Quality