“Golden Tulip amsterdam art”

WestCord Art Hotel Amsterdam
Ranked #45 of 371 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed May 14, 2006

My boyfriend and I have just returned from The Golden Tulip amsterdam art (and to clear things up the Golden Tulip is the 4* but you check in in the 3* amsterdam art's lobby)

The Hotel was very clean, and the rooms were modern with nice lighting features etc.The bathroom was a nice idea too, with the glass wall, perhaps not a good idea if you werent a couple! The only thing that bothered me was the two single beds made to be a double, they kept seperating in the night and id end up in the hole in the middle lol.

Oh and dont expect a nice view-but i wasnt there for that!

The food is a lil fussy in the restaurent and not much of a choice, however the bar had a warm and welcoming atmosphere, but i think the barman fancied my boyfriend O_o.

Amsterdam as a whole was a fun and intriguing place to visit and was easy to get around coNsidering its such a bustling city.

Oh and another thing the hotel recommends the 48 or the 22 bus. Donnot take the 22 bus, depending where u get it you can end up in the middle of nowhere and making a 10 minute journey into an dhour and 20 minute trip. And we also had a problem with getting the shuttle bus, the company that you book at the hotel, they didnt turn up to get us back to the airport and hadnt informed the hotel, which was unwanted worry for your last day (however this wasnt the hotels fault-just a warning!)

• Stayed: May 2006
9  Thank whizbird85
There are newer reviews for WestCord Art Hotel Amsterdam

Reviewed April 26, 2006

We have just returned from Amsterdam and stayed at the Golden Tulip Amsterdam Art, I would recommned this hotel to anyone and everyone.

After months and months of looking for the right hotel I chose this one, and was very nervous like we all are when we arrived, but we were more than happy with the results!

Although the outside of the building looks a bit like a block of flats, the inside more than made up for it. The whole building was spotlessly clean, the staff were brilliant, helpfull, and happy. The rooms were clean and comfortable, the beds (like someone else said in their review) were the most comfortable i have ever slept in, in a hotel. The breakfast was lovely, loads of choice. We loved everything about it.

The distance to the centre of everything is 5 mins in a bus, the bus stop is outside the hotel (number 48) there are 4 an hour. We didnt acutually walk it because we done so much walking around the centre, but i reckon you could walk it in 20 mins.

We absolutly loved Amsterdam and cant wait to go back there again.

any questions please email me and ill help if i can carla.johnson@beerseller.co.uk

• Stayed: April 2006
12  Thank frankie24
A TripAdvisor Member
Lisboa
Reviewed December 10, 2005

Before we went to Amsterdam I read some reviews about this hotel and I was confused with them. Uppon arriving I discovered that there are two hotels with similar names at the same building. A 3 star hotel and a 4 star hotel, sharing the lobby, the Art Cafe, the reception desk etc. I think that the difference between them are the rooms. We went to the 4 star hotel. The hotel has a good location, not in the center but the bus stop is very near and took us only 10 minutes to get there (reccommend buying a pass as it covers the train, tram, bus and boat, free entrance in museums and discounts at some restaurants). The breakfast is a good quality buffet with everything you usually need (nevertheless we had to pay an extra for expresso coffee). The Reception staff was very nice and hepfull.
Our room was very modern and very clean. The bathroom is very unique.....impressive! The room had no view, but was very comfortable!
I recommend this hotel to anyone who isn't too bothered about not staying in the heart of the town.

• Stayed: October 2005
11  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 20, 2005

Living in the Netherlands for some time, I have learned that here even 5 star hotels dont feel like 5 star hotels in other countries. So, dont expect too much from any hotel here! (for instance, they are not changing towels every day- save the planet by using less detergents...)The nice thing about this one is that it is new and clean, nothing too specail, a bit far from the center. If i want to be too picky, our room was having doors on one wall and they were too thin, so that our neigbour was waking us up while sitting on a toilete seat. But, in total, one of the best moderate-budget hotels i visited in Netherlands. have fun and DOEI!

5  Thank tamraisrki
Reviewed November 1, 2005

just stayed at this great hotel , very friendly staff , slighty outside centre ( 10 mins in taxi , 10 - 15 euros ) lovely rooms and nice bar .
Would recommend this to anyone who wants value for money , c u soon amsterdam !!

4  Thank diggler
Reviewed October 30, 2005

For the cost of this hotel, I expected a little bit more as far as the service level. Every time I interacted with the front desk, they seemed a little rude and didn't want to take the time to make sure their guests were satisfied. For example, I called the first day to get an iron sent up. I called they front desk and was told "they're all out <click>". The second day I had to call 3 times to get them to finally send the iron up.

The room was adequate, but I ended up with a sore back because the mattress was worn out. It was clean and the bathroom was a decent size.

It wasn't horrible, but I wouldn't stay here again. I would pay a little more and stay further into the city.

• Stayed: October 2005
5  Thank Exo
Reviewed October 11, 2005

Clean with large rooms. Our room was, in fact, two rooms: one with the bed and TV, the other with a hide-a-bed. We didn't pay extra for this, but aren't sure if all rooms have the additional room.

Front desk service for us was very friendly and helpful.

As noted in the other reviews, it is a little out-of-the-way. It would be a long (45 minute) walk from downtown to the hotel. There are, of course, two regular and one night bus run to it from Centraal train (transit) station. However, in our experience, the buses were invariably late.

In any case, we would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2005