1. Great wifi connection all throughout the hotel and it's free
2. It's an easy ride to/from the airport. Take the train to Sloterdijk railway station (I paid 4 euros one way). Sloterdijk is the second stop from the airport. Then take bus #48 (I paid 7 euros for an all day pass). The hotel bus stop is called Hempoint, it's in front of the hotel.
3. Restaurant at the hotel
4. Reasonably sized room
5. Outdoor swimming pool
1. Around 11:30pm on my first night here, two men (strangers) almost walked in my room. Apparently, the person who checked them in thought my room was vacant based on their system and gave them my room. From my room, I could hear them walking in the hallway. Thankfully, I was still partly awake so when I heard my door opened, I immediately yelled at them and told them someone is already in the room! These guys were really apologetic. They were really shocked too. I immediately called the reception desk and told them what happened. The person was apologetic but this is something the hotel should really be careful about! Few hours before this happened, I called to complain about the fridge not working in the room and they helped me with it. So clearly, their records should have shown that my room was already occupied. That night, I couldn't sleep. Security is very important to me, especially as a solo traveler. I have been to many hotels, from posh to dingy, and this is the first time this happened to me.
2. Spoons were dirty. Housekeeping did not do their job right.
3. There is no sink in the toilet area to wash your hands. It's on the other side of the room, in the bathroom. I had to cross the room to get there.
4. One Sunday, I waited about 40 minutes for bus #48 from Centraal Station. Then took 15 minutes to get to the hotel. So this is something to think about. While the bus takes about 15 minutes to get to Centraal station, you need to factor in the wait time
5. Food is a little expensive at this hotel and they were just OK
6. You can hear people and doors opening and shutting.
7. Customer service just wasn't there. The waiters at the restaurant though were very nice and respectful.
I will not be returning at this hotel when I'm in Amsterdam. Not only I didn't feel secure, it is a little away from main attractions.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- WestCord Art Hotel Amsterdam is on the edge of the old centre of Amsterdam, 10 minutes by public transport. The hotel is on the border of Spaarndammerbuurt which is renowned for the world famous Amsterdam School-building 'Het Schip', making it a wonderful area with much to discover. The hotel is easily accessible by car or public transport (bus 22, stop Hem-point). Art Hotel Amsterdam has 190 modern hotel rooms, all with free WIFI internet. In the public areas is an art gallery of the famous Dutch artist Herman Brood. Also in the rooms you will find art above your bed. The Art Brasserie is open daily for a la carte breakfast, coffee to-go, lunch, drinks and dinner. Next to The Art Brasserie is restaurant The Gallery, also used as breakfast restaurant. Adjacent there is an outside terrace with bar and a public open air swimming pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, Odigeo and Cancelon so you can book your WestCord Art Hotel Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tulip Inn Amsterdam
- Amsterdam Tulip Inn