WestCord Art Hotel Amsterdam
$245
$211
Kimpton
  • Restaurant
Ibis Amsterdam Centre(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
$241
$383
$351
Agoda.com
2,924 results
All reviewsbus stopcity centrecentral stationgreat hoteloutdoor poolherman broodnumber buswest cordnight buspublic transporttravel passthe hotel receptionjunior suitenespresso machinemini barday passbooked this hotel
Reviewed April 20, 2014

This very cheap hotel was located at 3km north to the central train station. In the street in front of hotel had a bus stop and buses run every 15 minutes to the central (the trip is 10 minutes). Do not trust in the timetable in the station! Sometimes the bus came some minutes early! So the location is not perfect but in 10 minutes you are in the city center! The receptionist was very nice and as courtesy had putted a tea maker in the coffee. My room: 319 was in the 3rd floor and I need to pass through a security door that had access to a corridor to the rooms! Unfortunately some works were performed in my floor so I heard a lot of noise. There were also some works in exterior pool. The room size for a 3 stars was normal and the closet area was well used. When I arrived at night I was very surprised for the letter that was left to me welcoming to Hotel and wishing a great stay in Amsterdam. Also had some chocolate and fruit! I really like that! The breakfast area was very big and has so many varieties of good products!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 20, 2014

I stayed in this hotel with my wife a month ago for two nights. Our experience so far was good. Staff is friendly and willing to help. Location is good. As it takes aound 15 mins on the bus to city centre. Bus stop is just opposite the hotel. Room was good size. Overall the hotel is clean and nice. Would recommend it.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 20, 2014

Despite this hotel being a 45 min walk/a 5 min bus ride out of the centre of Amsterdam, it is a really nice hotel with luxuriously modern rooms.
I would much rather stay here in a nice hotel and have to get a quick bus ride than in a noisy grotty city centre hotel (there are quite a few of those!).
We stayed in the 4* hotel and the only difference is the decoration of the rooms apparently. But you might as well stay in the 4* as the prices aren't really different if you shop around.

The service is really good - as soon as we got there we got a call from reception asking if everything was ok with our room. Everything was, it was so nicely furnished and we had a seperate room for the toilet and then another for the bathroom which was lovely and had a lovely deep bath and a seperate shower cubicle.

The bar and restaurant in the hotel looks nice (but we never ate there). We had a drink in the bar (quite expensive) but is a really nice atmosphere.

We hired bikes from the hotel at about 6 euros for 4 hours and it was a great experience. Amsterdam and the netherlands in general is truly beautiful with all the canals and cyclists.

Recommend this hotel if you want less noise and more luxury and are visiting amsterdam for non drug/drink reasons

Room Tip: Shop around for the 4* rooms
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 20, 2014

I was staying one night in this hotel, because I found a good price on Internet (97 €) for two people, without breakfast.

The hotel is a little bit far from the real center, difficult to go by feet for example, except if you want to walk 1 h ...

The rooms are ok, nothing special, the staff is not really friendly, but polite.

If you have no other choice, you can take this hotel, but you will not feel there any atmosphere or anything special

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JeromeA949
Patrick W, General Manager at WestCord Art Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2014

Dear Jerome,

Thank you for visiting the WestCord Art Hotel. I am really sorry that we could not make you as enthusiastic about the hotel and neighbourhood as we are.

Just to get our facts right, the hotel is a fifteen minute walk from the old-centre, through a very architectural neighbourhood, designed by the best architects Holland ever had and through the beautiful Westerpark.

I hope you enjoyed the great vibe of Amsterdam. Please let me know if you are open to give us a second change.

Warmest regards,

Patrick Wolffenbuttel
WestCord Art Hotel

Reviewed April 19, 2014

We just stayed there for 2 nights in the easter holiday, the hotel isn't in the centra of the city, but it's reachable via bus 48, and it takes less than 10 minutes from the central station to get there. Hence, location-wise, it's quite accessible given the price.

Staffs are very friendly, the hotel has free computers and printers, which was helpful when my girl-friend forgot to print out some tickets.

The room was nice and clean, decent size, we had rear-facing room, which was also quiet during the nights, overall, we are happy about our stay in Amsterdam

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple