On the plus side:
- You absolutely need to stay in this hotel of you are a fan of Dutch artist Herman Brood:(or pop art in general): it is totally covered with his art works, some of which are pretty spectacular (both spectacularly good and spectacularly bad).
- Rooms are fairly spacious and squeaky clean.
- Good connections to the airport as well as the city centre.
On the negative side:
- The Amsterdam hotel market is overpriced and this is no exception (although not as bad as some).
- Food is so-so and much better and cheaper food can be had in the vicinity. The restaurant kitchen really needs to improve on its act.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- WestCord Art Hotel Amsterdam is on the edge of the old centre of Amsterdam, 10 minutes by public transport. The hotel is on the border of Spaarndammerbuurt which is renowned for the world famous Amsterdam School-building 'Het Schip', making it a wonderful area with much to discover. The hotel is easily accessible by car or public transport (bus 22, stop Hem-point). Art Hotel Amsterdam has 190 modern hotel rooms, all with free WIFI internet. In the public areas is an art gallery of the famous Dutch artist Herman Brood. Also in the rooms you will find art above your bed. The Art Brasserie is open daily for a la carte breakfast, coffee to-go, lunch, drinks and dinner. Next to The Art Brasserie is restaurant The Gallery, also used as breakfast restaurant. Adjacent there is an outside terrace with bar and a public open air swimming pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Agoda, Cancelon, Travelocity, Odigeo and Expedia so you can book your WestCord Art Hotel Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tulip Inn Amsterdam
- Amsterdam Tulip Inn