“Inadvertent Stay”

WestCord Art Hotel Amsterdam
Ranked #46 of 371 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed October 26, 2011

Really enjoyed the trip here.

Not a big one for long reviews so I'll make it short and sweet.

Room was excellent, as was the company (R&O). Wished I could have stayed longer.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
BenjaminTam, General Manager at WestCord Art Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2011

Dear GavRace,

I will keep it short also!
Thanks! Hope to see you back soon!

There are newer reviews for WestCord Art Hotel Amsterdam

Reviewed October 26, 2011

Really enjoyed the trip here.

Not a big one for long reviews so I'll make it short and sweet.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank GavRace
Reviewed October 26, 2011

Booked through Easytobook, which described the room as 'Deluxe'. It wasn't. It was a bog-standard twin room with uncomfortable single mattresses and single duvets. The room was small and the hotel building itself was far from being a work of 'art'. When I raised the issue of the so-called 'deluxe' room with the hotel reception, they said "it's not our problem" and explained that I should contact Easytobook because they have advertised the rooms inaccurately.

I was very disappointed with the whole experience. It is budget hotel experience for much more than budget prices.

I recommend to stay away.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank busterjones33

Dear busterjones33,

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor.
I was very dismayed to read you comments. We will review our texts on the Easytobook website and discuss your comments with our staff to learn and improve .

Reviewed October 22, 2011

To be fair, this was only really a place to rest our heads so didnt really expect anything special. Reminds me a little of Premier Inn or Holiday Inn at best in UK. Reception staff werent exactly enthusiastic, seemed a little distracted but no trouble checking in. Beware though that Twin here means two single mattresses on ONE base. No too good for two single lads, I ended up moving the mattress on the floor to avoid waking up staring into my friends eyes.
Rooms were clean, quiet and comfortable, pillows are a bit like cushions but slept well enough. Bit out of the centre and overlooking a large industrial estate and power plant. Buses run outside quite reguarly, would definitely recommend buying a travel card from reception. Found best way to get there from Schipol was train to centraal station which is about 4.20 euros and then get a 48 bus which stops right outside the hotel, I believe the stop is called "Hempoint". Theres also an hourly night bus after 00.30 which stops here and the travel pass is valid on this.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank chwb2003
Reviewed October 19, 2011

First of all, I'd like to say that the rooms are nice, comfortable and not too small.

I did however find it quite noisy. I asked before booking to get a quiet room if possible (I was running at the marathon over that weekend) but I got one closest to the access-door to all rooms in that corridor. So all night I heard the door bang if anyone was going out or coming in.

There is a restaurant inside the hotel but if you fancy something else, you will need to take a bus to get to the next available restaurant because there's just nothing else there (except a petrol station where you can get a snack if you're desperate).

The stuff was friendly and the hotel was clean.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
BenjaminTam, General Manager at WestCord Art Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2011

Dear Pascal S,

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor.
It is good to read that you found our rooms comfortable and clean and spacious.
I am also happy that your rate our staff as being friendly and service minded.

I am sorry to hear that it was noisy during the night on the corridor. We had some groups in house the other week that came home late and might have been a bit louder. Please accept our apologies.

We are looking forward to welcome you back,

Reviewed October 16, 2011

Stayed at the Westcord Art Hotel October 2nd-October 6th and we loved it!

Beautiful modern hotel, lovely looking restaurant (but very expensive so didnt eat there).

Large clean room and bathroom, cleaner came every day whilst we were out and tidied the room, changed bed sheets ect.

Friendly reception staff. We forgot a plug adaptor so they lent us one. They will also unlock the mini-fridges in the rooms if you want to put some of your own food in (useful for milk ect. for breafast as hotel breakfast price expensive).

Hotel has bus stops right outside and the bus 48 runs every 15 minutes throughout the day from early to late. Cost us 2.60 to get to central station but we purchased a 72hour bus ticket for 17euros which enables you to use any bus, tram or metro in amsterdam which is brilliant!

Large pool outside but as it was october we didnt venture into it!

There is a BP garage just round the corner but it was under renovation when we went so we took a short bus ride to a nearby supermarket a few minutes down the road to get food and snacks.

All in all a brilliant stay, we would definately stay again, and definately reccommend it to others! Thanks Westcord Art Hotel :)

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Claire S
BenjaminTam, General Manager at WestCord Art Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2011

Dear Claire S.,

Thank you very much for your review on Tripadvisor!
It is a pleasure to read and to share is with all staff.

We are looking forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed October 13, 2011

I check out tomorrow from this brilliant hotel and I will be back. I don't do long reviews so here goes;
Rooms - immaculate and very comfortable. Bed is superb and large desk space for working, with lots of power points for electronics. Free safe for valuables. Excellent bathroom with bath and powerful shower. All toiletries supplied and towels soft.
Food - restaurant serves good value food and, importantly, some vegetarian options. Free nuts with your drinks.
Internet - free Wi-Fi in all rooms, bar, reception and restaurant. Computers with access to the internet and printing facilities (free).
Location - 1hr walk to the centre of Amsterdam and on the way there are many Mediterranean and Middle-Eastern eateries. 24hr service station nearby for bits and pieces of you need them.
Staff - without exception absolutely delightful. Ready to help and ready to suggest food/ drink. Cleaners do a very good job on your rooms each day.
Facilities - came here out of season so can't comment on the outdoor pool. It's big though...
Overall a first class experience - very highly recommended.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
BenjaminTam, General Manager at WestCord Art Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2011

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for your review on Tripadvisor!
I have shared your review with all staff. It is really a team to be proud of!
All comments do help us to improve our service level and facilities. Yours is also very stimulating for all staff to become even better!

Looking forward welcoming you back,