“dissapointed”
Review of Freeland Hotel

Freeland Hotel
Ranked #192 of 373 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I had a very small room, smaller than my bathroom at home. Old and ugly furniture and bad smell in the room.

Price was also not that good, especially that they charged 20 euros more than booking.com showed. The guy from the reception didn`t want to charge the correct price.

The only good thing about the hotel is it`s location, but for sure I wont ever go back.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed March 31, 2013

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed March 11, 2013

The price is really good for the location in the city centre close to bars restaurants etc. it is also very close to the bus stop from where you can get directly to the airport in ca. 40 min. The staff seem really friendly. I had a single room. Very small with tiny bathroom but clean and since you don't need to spend a lot of time in your room while in Amsterdam I think it was fine. Especially for this price. The stairs are indeed extremely steep so if you don't want to climb ask for the room on lower floors. Breakfast is ok but you don't have any choice what you get ( except for coffee or tea).

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank tobiaszl
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Arrived 2/20/13 and stayed here for 7 days. Great central location but very quiet . Friendly and helpful stuff. The room was small but with a big window overlooking a garden. Very clean. Breakfast was nice too and in overall great value to it's modest price. I recommend it to anyone who is looking for a nice place to stay during their stay in Amsterdam.

Room Tip: As you well know the stairs in the Holland are very steep so I think the lower the better(:
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Our room was not ready when we checked in; we waited over an hour. Sadly the room was on the top floor though I asked for a lower floor and the room was filthy. Management was horrible and did nothing to remedy the problem.

• Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank janice12344
Reviewed January 30, 2013

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed January 27, 2013

I spent a few nights in Amsterdam early January and stayed at the Freeland Hotel.

I think most people have written similar reviews... but the location REALLY is perfect! I tend to prefer to walk a city whenever possible rather than using public transport, and traveling solo as a female, safety is an issue. This hotel scores 100% on both counts! One bus takes you to the airport (4euros) and you can either catch a tram or walk to the central train station.

My room was a bit small (but clean and kinda cutely decorated) and stairs are pretty steep and narrow for negotiating large pieces of luggage. There can be a bit of noise from other guests - unfortunately, I was subject to listening for about 20minutes to a guy in the room next door yell at his teenage child... but thankfully never had my sleep disturbed by noise.

Breakfast is ample but repetitive (one boiled egg, cold meats, bread, jam - not a buffet). I personally would've liked a cereal option but it's not that big a deal...

Aside from the location, the biggest draw of the hotel is the service. Pre-stay communication was fantastic in that emails were always replied within a few hours. I had already booked for 4 nights but might have needed to extend and they were willing to hold a room for me until I could make up my mind (without putting pressure on me). I was also lucky that they helped bring my luggage up to my room on the 3rd floor. They were quick to sort out a wi-fi problem, and they did my laundry for free...

At around 45euros per night (at least in January) for a single en-suite room, it's a good value, laid back, friendly kinda place that is perfect as a base for exploring Amsterdam...

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo