Hotel Ben
Hotel Croydon(Amsterdam)
Hotel Manofa(Amsterdam)
Hotel Damrak(Amsterdam)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsstairs are steepleave your keybudget accommodationprivate bathroomroom numberrooms are basicbrilliant hotelclean towelscentral hotelhotel roomfew minutes walkbellspropertiesalarm
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 21, 2012

Went to stay in amsterdam for a short break, visit the red light and some coffee shops ect. The hotel is right by everywhere really. Right in the centre , about 5 mins walk from the station. Staff are friendly and even let us leave our bags after we have checked out. We would stay here again.
If you want somewhere cheap to stay that is clean and convenient stay here.

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed December 28, 2011

Cheap place, rooms are what you'd expect for a cheap room. We had a room for 6 on the 2nd floor. Bathroom really small , bit cramped but what more do you want for 54Euro for 2 nights !
Literally 100 yards away from The Grass Hopper pub/club which is the place to be :o)
The staff were lovely, let us keep our bags in the holding room as we had a late flight. Be very careful of the stairs as they are very very steep and if you've had a few to many cakes/beers they are very dangerous!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 12, 2011

I stayed in Hotel Ben twice (recently 3-4 Oct)and it's a perfect place.
I would reccomend it probably to young people or backpackers who do not need luxury, but a clean,safe,friendly place to stay. Perfect location, perfect price, spotless bathroom, very clean room,although basic, but that's reflected in the price. Very comfy beds:]Bit noisy so get ear plugs if you are a light sleeper.Yes stairs are steep but you can expect that in this type of buildings. Lovely staff and please read the room and hotel description on the site as it is genuine. If you are fussy about smoking policy, noise, breakfast or you want to stay with family(children) I'd advise something else.Cash only, so be prepared.You can leave your luggage after check out, which is really great help. I hope I can stay here every time I visit Amsterdam, I absolutely love the place and would like to thank all the staff for their hospitality.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 13, 2011

This place was a total joke from start to finish. I booked this place due to reviews from another webpage which I feel are very inaccurate ranking it around 120 out of 400 Amsterdam hotels.
Firstly when I checked in the man at reception was exceptionally blunt and abrupt. He flatly refused to allow my friend to leave his bag in my room despite the fact I had paid for a twin room. The room itself was absolutely baking hot when I did eventually manage to climb all the stairs. somebody had left the heating on full blast. I quickly dumped my bag and went downstairs to meet my friend outside with his bag (he was going home later that day).
When I got home from dinner it was actually quite peaceful but this didn't last. It wasn't long before people continually started climbing the wooden, creaky stairs then climbing back down them. This lasted for hours. My neighbours then returned and within seconds proceeded to start having sex. well this lasted for at least 30mins and at least one person from my floor knocked on their door to complain but this made no difference. afterwards the chatted and chatted, walked on the creaky floors etc etc. i eventually complained to reception at 0200 and asked for another room but sadly there was none. the walls are so thin nothing is left to the imagination. The rooms are meant to be "strictly" non smoking but upon check-in i was told it was OK to smoke out the window. People were smoking in the corridors! The beds were very uncomfortable and I have never ever been so glad to leave a hotel. It reminded me of a very dodgy backpackers on Koh San Rd in Bangkok where i stayed 20 years ago except that cost me £1 and not 70 Euros!! If 224 is the last available room in central Amsterdam I would stay at the airport hotel rather than stay at Hotel Ben ever again.

Room Tip: Just avoid it at all costs. there are much better places to stay
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank ketch1973
Reviewed October 3, 2011

If your looking for a reasonably priced hotel, in the middle of Amsterdam, and arent bothered about the frills, you cant beat the Ben. Its 5 minutes walk from the station, on the edge of the red light district 50 yds from The Grasshopper bar. However, if you drink as much as we did, the stairs back to your room will become precarious. We were on the fourth floor, felt like the fourty fourth due to amount of Amstel drunk on a lads weekend which took in World Superbike racing at Assen racetrack. Its not fancy and I wouldnt take the wife there but its location is fantastic, staff are good and its clean and tidy. Probably go again next year and will ask for a lower floor. One thing, you may need to take cash. For some reason they wouldnt accept a credit card as a means of payment although they took one as a deposit when booking. Check when you book.

Room Tip: If your over 25 years, book a lower floor. If your over 25 stone, dont go!
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends