“Great little place to stay.”

NL Hotel District Leidseplein
Ranked #248 of 375 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed May 23, 2014

We had a great stay at NL Hotel. Our room was tastefully decorated, immaculately clean and well appointed. It had everything we needed and the service was excellent. Reception was very accommodating when we arrived after hours. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014

Reviewed May 14, 2014

perfict location , friendly staff, nice small hotel, but walls no soundproof at all . If you wake up early at 08:00 a clock , its match for you . We had plans to take a sleep little longer . But at the end, we enjoyed our stay .

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 5, 2014

Wife's birthday surprise short visit to Amsterdam. When we arrived to the hotel I was a "little" disappointing because the photos on line made it look better and bigger, however the people were nice and friendly, but ( for the obvious reasons) they don't mention on the website that the rooms are at the top of a VERY STEEP staircase (typical in Amsterdam buildings) and to be honest, we are in our 50s and only had small cabin bags, but if were older with larger bags we would/could have a bit of a problem.
The hotel is clean and the room has great coffee facilities which I loved.
Over all it is a 3 star hotel in Amsterdam, the rates reflects the Hotel (just!)
and so my review, therefore can not rate it more than 3 star either.

Advise to all visitors: mind the long queues to all attractions and try to by the tickets in advance online to save some time.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank José António C
Reviewed April 25, 2014

We reserved a triple room. The hotel was easy to find and the room was clean with towels replaced at need. Room cleaning was performed daily, replacing the dirty towels, providing coffee. The bed was very comfortable and the room nice and cozy.
The only problem were the glass bathroom doors which didn't isolate at all the noise (which was kind of disturbing).
The employees were kind and helpful to guide us to the best objectives and attractions of Amsterdam.

Room Tip: Choose a room at the first floor.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Madalina_ta
Reviewed April 11, 2014

Great, cheap hotel. Very cosy rooms and comfy beds. Personally, I loved the location. 5 minute walk to Leidseplein Square and on bike (the hotel offer bikes to hire), all the other attractions are a 10/15 minute ride!
Sometimes I did feel like I was being watched by the people that worked there, but I did enjoy my stay.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 8, 2014 via mobile

I am currently staying at this hotel writing this review .

We arrived on the 7th April.
Check in was good and to greet us in the reception was Hank who was extremely friendly, polite and helpful, he provided all the information on the area.

Our room was up the spiral stairs (OMG they are horrific) on the 1st floor, but to be honest u only use them a couple of times a day so we could manage.
The room is number 9 and is lovely.
A typical boutique room. It had a lovely wet room, double bed which had been delivered new the day we arrived. A separate seating area to relax n watch tv if you need.

The hotel is just off the Leidsplein area in Amsterdam. It's quite a walk from the main attractions but you can get a tram from Leidsplein to all areas of Dam .

From the airport take bus 197 and it takes you into the Leidsplein area.
Tram 1,2or 5 takes you to central station. Dam square and the red light district

Well done to everyone who works here, you have a lovely little gem of a hotel.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sammi-Tom
Reviewed March 26, 2014

Even before I arrived I was already impressed with how attentive the staff was. I had sent an email about 2 weeks previous to my trip questioning how to get to the hotel from Schipol Airport. When given information, I was asked about the dates of my stay. Sooo thankful for this since the travel agency had messed up and booked the hotel for January, which had already passed!!! I was going to surprise my husband on our 1st wedding anniversary and was just gutted!!!...
Luckily Yibin was able to help sort things out and although they were fully booked, he managed book us, by having us switch rooms during our stay.
We took bus 197 from the airport and got off at Leidsplein. The ticket cost 5€ and was about a quick 30min. From the stop to the hotel it's about a 5min walk.
Our first room had a lovely view of the canal. It was a small but very sweet and nicely decorated room. I had read other comments about the bathrooms not having "proper doors" but I found them to be quite kinky and not a problem for a couple on a romantic trip. We had a coffee machine, chocolates, fruit, water and a bottle of champagne, which, although we do not drink, thought it was such a nice thought.
It is a small boutique hotel and therefore you will not have a huge breakfast buffet, but it does the job.
We weren't sure if we should get a transportation pass or rent a bike, but as we enjoy exercise and had enough time to visit what we had planned for, we decided to walk everywhere. If you are travelling in good company time will fly as you walk into city center. If you are not used to walking you legs will probably get the best of you the next morning. Davi was great in giving us some tips like where to hop on a boat for a canal cruise, which museums were close, which routes to take.
Leidsplein is full of life. From restaurants, cafes, night clubs, sports bars, casinos, souvenir shops, you name it! You'll even find one of Amsterdam's famous franchise Bulldog coffeshop, easy to find.
When we swapped rooms we realized that there was no need for a canal view, the city is full of them! The rooms facing the back are a lot quieter than the one's facing the canal and street. The room was bigger, more spacious. Had and extra single bed, ideal for a coupe traveling with a child. It had the same amenities plus a desk and a bigger bathroom (Bathtub and shower as first room only had a shower). Everything was clean and tidy. I found the beds to be a bit too soft but I have a bad back.
Lauren and Susan were also very friendly, the whole staff is 5 stars!
To sum it up, I had a great time and will return for sure.

Room Tip: Although the canal view is lovely the back rooms are a lot quieter.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple