Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel Titus(Amsterdam)
Hotel Impala(Amsterdam)
  • Bar/Lounge
View Hotel
All reviewsbasement roomsteep stairscomfort roomtraditional amsterdamsmall hotelcoffee machine in the roomminute walkeach eveningstayed here for nightsfirst floormajor attractionscanal viewfamily roomfresh towelswalked everywherethe room was nicelocation was perfect
Reviewed March 26, 2014

Even before I arrived I was already impressed with how attentive the staff was. I had sent an email about 2 weeks previous to my trip questioning how to get to the hotel from Schipol Airport. When given information, I was asked about the dates of my stay. Sooo thankful for this since the travel agency had messed up and booked the hotel for January, which had already passed!!! I was going to surprise my husband on our 1st wedding anniversary and was just gutted!!!...
Luckily Yibin was able to help sort things out and although they were fully booked, he managed book us, by having us switch rooms during our stay.
We took bus 197 from the airport and got off at Leidsplein. The ticket cost 5€ and was about a quick 30min. From the stop to the hotel it's about a 5min walk.
Our first room had a lovely view of the canal. It was a small but very sweet and nicely decorated room. I had read other comments about the bathrooms not having "proper doors" but I found them to be quite kinky and not a problem for a couple on a romantic trip. We had a coffee machine, chocolates, fruit, water and a bottle of champagne, which, although we do not drink, thought it was such a nice thought.
It is a small boutique hotel and therefore you will not have a huge breakfast buffet, but it does the job.
We weren't sure if we should get a transportation pass or rent a bike, but as we enjoy exercise and had enough time to visit what we had planned for, we decided to walk everywhere. If you are travelling in good company time will fly as you walk into city center. If you are not used to walking you legs will probably get the best of you the next morning. Davi was great in giving us some tips like where to hop on a boat for a canal cruise, which museums were close, which routes to take.
Leidsplein is full of life. From restaurants, cafes, night clubs, sports bars, casinos, souvenir shops, you name it! You'll even find one of Amsterdam's famous franchise Bulldog coffeshop, easy to find.
When we swapped rooms we realized that there was no need for a canal view, the city is full of them! The rooms facing the back are a lot quieter than the one's facing the canal and street. The room was bigger, more spacious. Had and extra single bed, ideal for a coupe traveling with a child. It had the same amenities plus a desk and a bigger bathroom (Bathtub and shower as first room only had a shower). Everything was clean and tidy. I found the beds to be a bit too soft but I have a bad back.
Lauren and Susan were also very friendly, the whole staff is 5 stars!
To sum it up, I had a great time and will return for sure.

Room Tip: Although the canal view is lovely the back rooms are a lot quieter.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 17, 2013

I am a very small person so this hotel fit me just fine! The rooms are very cute, and they definitely made the most with what little space they had as design purposes are concerned.

The only negative thing I can say about our room was that the bathroom, although cute, was teenie tiny, with a glass see through door. This was fine for me because I'm an open person, but I think it can get weird quickly if you're staying in a room with a friend, because they can see you "go to the bathroom" and take a shower. Not sure if all of the rooms are like this bathroom-wise though. Apparently according to my friend, you can hear everything that's going on in the other rooms. I however was very tired and had earplugs so I slept perfectly fine.

The location was great! I loved the neighborhood we were in. Many restaurants and things to do, very close to the tram stop, not a very long tram ride to the train station. The workers were helpful and spoke English. I would stay here again if I were ever to go back to Amsterdam!

Room Tip: Bring earplugs, you can hear others. Make sure you let them know what time you're getting in, there is not a person at the front desk 24 hrs/day. Our flight was late getting in and we ended up catching the reception man leaving as we were entering (thankfully).
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jessica D
Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

Have just come back from a 3 night stay at this hotel and have to say it was excellent!

I really need to echo many of the previous reviews which praise how helpful and friendly the staff were, they were a credit to the hotel!

The location is fantastic, about a 5 minute walk to Leidseplein, including a number of bars and restaurants. The tram stop is located here also and gives you access into the centre of Amsterdam in about 10 minutes.

The hotel itself was well presented and very clean. We booked a canal facing room which was an excellent size, with a sofa next to the window overlooking the canal. There is much criticism about the hotel stairs and yes they are steep but you're not staying in a purpose built generic chain hotel, it's a charming boutique hotel that is in a traditional Amsterdam town house, and that means steep stairs I'm afraid!

Overall the hotel is great, lovely rooms, friendly staff and an excellent location! When I come back to Amsterdam I won't even bother to look for a different hotel to stay in as this one suits my needs perfectly, and I will recommend it to everyone I know!

Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Have just returned from a 3 night stay at NL Leidseplien and would definatley recommend it to anyone planning a break in Amsterdam!

On the whole the hotel was great! As mentioned in some other reviews to location is perfect, just behind Leidseplein, walking distance to all the main attactions and areas but also just far enough away from the hussle and bussle of the main leidseplein square. I would also agree with previous comments on how friendly and helpful the staff at this hotel are. Over our stay we came across 4 different staff members on reception and each and every one of them when out of their way to helpful, polite and make sure you had everything you needed, be it directions, advice, whatever! We booked a room with a canal view and would also recommend this. The room was beautifully decorated and a good size with great views of the canal.

I want to respond to 2 of the main criticisms I'd seen on reviews before travelling. Firstly, the stairs, yes they are steep - you are in Amsterdam, staying in a townhouse! If your so against steep staircases I suggest you consider another city! Secondly, the bathrooms, Yes there is no curtain on the shower and yes there are only glass doors seperating the room and toilet but these are frosted and although this may not be to everyone's taste have stayed in many other european hotels that adopt a similar approach. If you're staying in a double room with someone you should really be comfortable enough with each other to get over this!

A couple of slight quibbles stopped the review being 5 star. On our 2nd day we had an issue with our hot water. In the morning it was only luke warm but didnt think too much of this as we were late up after a heavy night so just thought the tank may be refilling however by our evening showers it was stone cold.We reported this to reception who called a plumber straight away and normal service was resumed for the following morning! My only other quibble was with the tea and coffee facilities in the room, this only gave powdered milk rather than normal - just my personal taste though!

On the whole though a great little hotel! If your looking for somewhere with character and the personal touch rather than a generic chain then definatley book here!

Room Tip: Choose a canal view room - we had room 12 - perfect!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ashg87
Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

Staff very friendly and helpful but the superior canal view room we booked had already been given to another couple! Initially shown to a tiny, back facing room but then moved to a slightly larger one and given 10% discount and free breakfast to compensate for booking error. Breakfast was good and hotel spotless. Really weird bathroom in both rooms with glass window doors which don't close and separate the toilet from the bed literally next to it. Not at all ideal or romantic when squeezing out a poo!

• Stayed: October 2013