“Friendly place perfect for short visits”
Review of Hotel Jimmy

Hotel Jimmy
Hotel Jimmy
Ranked #363 of 373 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed May 25, 2012 via mobile

Courteous service and excellent location is specially important when we come to several nights. When I go on vacation I do not often be at the hotel but only for sleep and the hotel provides all that is required at the basic level is the most important, I'll be there again soon ...

• Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank orengreen

Reviewed December 12, 2011

After much deliberation deciding where to stay , we resorted to looking for a hotel upon arrival in Amsterdam , With the rain pouring down on us , we soldiered on to the out skirts of the city , assuming a budget hotel or a better price would fit the bill.unfortunately not having much luck,we headed back to central station and stumbled upon HOTEL JIMMY , We paid a fair price considering the evening was pressing on .the staff were friendly and very approachable, and were offered a hot cuppa on arrival as we were soaked . the room was clean (room 21) and smoking allowed , with a good breakfast , excellent location was more than satisfactory for a short stay .My only criticism would be that its a budget hotel , and was slightly over priced, but the location and staff compensated for it, considering we left it to last minute.. literally .

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank javed h
Reviewed March 25, 2011

Please read the other reviews and take note, EVERYTHING mentioned in the previous comments are correct.

We booked on the internet, and on arriving were jarred for 'extra' money as the money already paid online wasn't enough. We told him to hang fire and we'd come back down to reception after dropping off bags. Before we had the chance a man appeared at the door, nodding in direction of my friend counting his money and said, 'that's the extra?'

He was told to beat it, and he did. He never asked again.

THE ONLY WAY THIS IS GRANTED HOTEL STATUS IS BY SERVING A HOT BREAKFAST, BE AWARE, BREAKFAST IS ONE BOILED EGG AND ONE BIT OF TOAST, TEA & ORANGE JUICE. DON'T EAT ANY OF IT.

I can't explain to you how bad this place is without taking you to a distant third world country for comparison.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with friends
7  Thank TheWestHighlandWay
Reviewed February 4, 2011

not even joking the place is a POO hole it had painted white bricks for walls a manky sink a prison style bed and that was it and shared toilet wich u wouldnt let a animal use and got mugged of coz we payed 80 euros MUGS

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank gottzi
Reviewed January 4, 2011

Room was clean (definitely no rodents). WC/shower (not ensuite) were OK. Room was tiny, but quiet (at the back of the building). Stairs were terrible (I have a bad knee). EUR 45 was OK value for such a central location (Hotels were filling up because of cancellations at Schipol). TV was pretty useless. Staff were rude (one was definitely sinister). Breakfast was mediocre (and not served until 0930). I was not too dfissatisfied, but certainly would not stay there a second night, or longer than necesary to get my head down for a nights sleep.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank Ian226
Reviewed July 28, 2010

stayed 3 nights, rooms were basic but clean..friendly staff, only complaint was no fans or air con and the rooms were really hot, but for a short stay i'd defo go back

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
3  Thank gerry030
Reviewed May 2, 2010

Technically, I didn't stay in this dump. I was on a layover in AMS and decided to go to the city center. Since my flight to Brussels is in early morning, I decided to just spend the night at the hostel. Hotel Jimmy was along the street so I decided to look. The staff just asked me to register, asked for EUR50 for the night, refused to give a discount for scrapping the breakfast option and asked me to wait for a bit to get a room. I was shocked when he went inside a prison cell-like or closet-like hole and just pulled out the old bedsheet and just replaced it with another one. The space is like a closet with just a prison bed and sink! I could not help myself but complain that there's no space. He just said, "But you're just going to sleep!" I DEMANDED a full refund. Good thing he returned my money because I just can't stand the filth. This is a terrible option for any traveller. Only settle for this if there is absolutely no other choice.Exhausted and exasperated, I just spent the night in one of the recliner chairs in Schipol Airport. Definitely 100% more safe and clean compared to this dump!

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled solo