“Do not listen to bad reviews, there is nothing wrong with is hotel!!”
Review of Mozart Hotel

Mozart Hotel
Ranked #221 of 375 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed January 14, 2012

We were a little bit wary on staying at this hotel due to the reviews, but once we arrived and checked in there was nothing to worry about! The staff are really friendly and couldnt help you more. Ok the rooms are on the small side but that doesnt compare to how amazing Amsterdam is. The hotel is situated right round the corner from all the bars and restaurants but still within walking distance from all the attractions. There are regular trams throughout the day that take you all over the city, but we decided to walk the whole 5 days.
We had such an amazing time that We would deffinately recommend this hotel as afterall its just somewhere to rest your legs after a long day of sightseeing!

• Stayed: January 2012
2  Thank Jrawley

Reviewed January 7, 2012

Very nice hotel shame about the view.

Went to Amsterdam for Christmas weekend away. The staff where very nice and polite. The room was just what we needed. Very nice clean bathroom.
Sadly the room only had a small window that faced onto someone else's room so we had to keep the curtains closed.
There is free wifi on each floor and the breakfast was ok.
Reasonably priced for what it offers and would recommend to anyone on a budget.
We didn't need anything more than bed, TV, en-suite bathroom and breakfast so we where very happy with the hotel.
There is a lift as well so no dragging luggage upstairs. Front doors all 24 hours with security staff too.
Hotel is completely no smoking (of any kind) which was a nice change for Amsterdam cheaper hotels. Defiantly a better place for a more refined traveler still on a small budget.

Excellent location within walking distance for everything.

Room Tip: Room on the front probably better.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 5, 2011

My husband and I arrived at the Mozart hotel on Fri 2nd december, When we arrived outside we noticed it was in an amazing location.

However when we entered the hotel, we were greeted with unfriendly staff, who didn't even show us to our room and just handed us a key to enter ourselves.
On entering the room we were very shocked indeed, burnt carpet, grafitti on walls and painting, a smell of raw sewerage and a tiny window with no natural light which looked into a tiny courtyard which was strewn with takeaway cartons and smelled of urine when window was opened. Two tiny beds were pushed together and were very low to the floor, almost like campbeds and the leather headboard was tatty and torn.

The bathroom was dirty, mildew all over the shower curtain and the shower curtain rail fell on my husband as he showered, This hotel cost us £84 per night when we asked to be moved to a more acceptavle room we were told we would have to pay an additional 30euros per night!
I asked to see one of those rooms we were offered and even those were inadequate. we refuseded to pay anymore and asked for refund, we were refused.
We spent as much time as possible out of our room and returned late as possible just to sleep.

Now a more positive note (HAHA) The location was absolutley amazing, 5 mins walk away is the beautiful leidesplein which has sooo many great place to eat, smoke and basically chill out.
A visit to the bulldog is a must (famous smoking cafe in amsterdam) Heineken bar next door is very relaxed. Nice walk into rembrantsplein is lovely also. must visit dam square, a great bustling square full of shops, restaurants and lovely hotels (some which charge the same price as the mozart and offer amazing facilitles) A visit to the grasshopper near grand centraal station is a must, reasonably priced and a nice place to smoke, around the corner from there is a short walk to the red light district which is a fantastic experience, also visit the van gogh museum, amazing!!! I did so much on this weekend, to avoid our awful hotel, but it made the stay fantastic...just avoide THE MOZART!!!

Peace

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank julia m
Reviewed November 30, 2011

After reading reviews on here I was worried about what I had booked myself into. it is easy to get to this hotel. Tram number 1, 2 or 5 from centraal station and a 2 minute walk to hotel. After checking in to the hotel we went to our room the rooms are small so I thought i was going to be in for a horrid time, that was the only thing I found wrong with this hotel and that didnt bother me once I knew it was the size it is. The staff were excellent, I had trouble sending my email to the hotel to print my boarding pass and the manager (I think he was the manager) let me use his own personal computer to get the details to print. I had a few questions at various points over my stay and every member of staff helped me. I think other reviewers are not used to the way the Dutch are and sometimes they come across abrubt but that is just the way they are. I would recommend this Hotel as the area it is in is easy travelling to all parts of the city and staff helpfull.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 21, 2011

I did not check the reviews and just booked this hotel with Co-op travel...i guess i trusted their reputation more than i should have. The tiny room had a metre square window opening onto a narrow smelly and dark well. So absolutely no day light and no room to walk around the two narrow beds pushed together. The breakfast room was just a wide corridor off the reception with plastic tables and chairs and a noisy TV on the wall...and with all sorts of clutter and laundry bags around it.
My wife and i are used to European hostels and are not that fussy buit this was so bad we had to just leave and take our chances to find another hotel...and lose our money for the booking. At least hostels can have an ok atmosphere but this had nothing to recomend it except its location in the city...but, there are ,much better places in simialr locations so i suggest yop look elswhere.

Room Tip: dont go there
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank karunavira
Reviewed November 21, 2011

The location of the hotel was great, 3 minutes walking distance to leidseplein square and near the canal. The staff were friendly and helpfull. The room was quite small but you can manage yourself. They did cleaning everyday and changing the towels. The major problem was the elevator. It was broken all the time and everytime we want to use it, we waited a lot. But the location vs. the price it was absolutely worthed!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 6, 2011

Toilet hadn't been flushed. Staff weren't friendly. Room was tiny and the hotel was noisy. Bed was not comfortable.

• Stayed: November 2011