“The best pub ever”
Review of 't Doktertje

't Doktertje
Ranked #60 of 292 Nightlife in Amsterdam
Reviewed May 7, 2014

Careful: the sign outside says "Café de Dokter".

The owner is father, helped by his daughter.

They have particular beers and the owner explains to you how to drink it. They had a wierd enterior designer, I think... But everything is really charming.

I found my favourite place in Amsterdam.

2  Thank Vagamentale

Reviewed October 6, 2013

Spent two afternoons here, and am sorry that I do not live in Amsterdam so I could visit this place more often. Very special atmosphere, and a very friendly bar tender. I think this is now my favorite pub.

2  Thank Sverre H H
Reviewed August 18, 2013

My friend visited this bar some years ago and was keen to show it to me. It's been in the same family for years. Originally, it was a doctor's surgery and his bag hangs from the ancient lamp shades. The fittings are all very old and the friendly host told me that the dust was real and there's 150 years of it! Well worth a visit.

1  Thank Scouseandspouse
Reviewed July 26, 2013

It's all in the title. Had a few jenever on the terrasse of this bar after an awful day. The host was friendly and obviously on good terms with some of the clients, the interior of the bar is a delight to behold, all in all well worth collapsing into both for the drinks, the host and the general atmosphere of the place. If I lived in Amsterdam this would be my bar of predilection, seemed to be in safe and knowledgeable hands here.

2  Thank luce_del_mattino
Reviewed April 11, 2013

A colleague took me here whilst I was on business in Amsterdam and what a find.
It is the smallest bar in Amsterdam and dates back to The 1790's and it has been in the same family all that time.
My wife came over for the weekend and we spent some very chilled nights in the bar.

It's packed with 12 people in it though!

2  Thank Craighigg1959