“Small hotel with home atmosphere”
Review of The Times Hotel

The Times Hotel
Ranked #180 of 366 Hotels in Amsterdam
Moscow, Russia
“Small hotel with home atmosphere”
Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

My room was with canal view.Very beautiful in the evening.The hotel is small and homely.Very comfortable and quite.Close to the center of the city.very good balance quality and price!good choice for those who prefer quite places for good price

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank annastia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
wigan
Reviewed February 25, 2014

we stayed here in february for my husbands birthday and can highly recommend it, it is about a 15 minute walk from central station and easy enough to find. It is in a central location and within easy walk of the bars, restaurants and shops. The staff are really friendly and helpful and pastries and croissants are there during the day if you feel peckish. we didnt have breakfast here as it seemed expensive at 10 euros but this was fairly typical in the nearby bars and restaurants. drinks are expensive in amsterdam especially if like me you have a spirit and mixer as you have to pay for both around 8/9 euros, some bars have happy hours for beer and wine though. we paid extra for a canal room which was lovely to see especially at night when it was all lit up. there is a coffee shop next door called amnesia which was always busy due to its relaxed laws on smoking. we went on a canal tour which we booked through the hotel as it was cheaper and this was lovely, we also visited the ajax stadium to watch them play in the europa cup, this was really east to get to and the stadium was fantastic, we didnt realise until we left that you have to change money for a stadium card to buy any food or drink and they dont sell alcohol in the stadium so get some from the bars outside if you want any. red light district was an eye opener but definately worth doing. watch out for bikes as they are everywhere and we nearly got run over on numerous occasions as they dont tend to have lights at night.

Room Tip: definately get a canal room its worth the extra money
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 12, 2014

I'm not a negative person by nature and like to see the good in things, and while the Times Hotel wasn't a bad hotel, there were a couple of things that I was a little disappointed with.

We'll start with the bad and end with the good...

On arrival my room looked clean and tidy and, whilst it was small, it was suitable for my 3 night stay as i would be spending very little time in it. However, while hanging my shirts in the cupboard i noticed somebody had left a few 'gifts' for me... a jumper, half a loaf of bread and half a bottle of coca cola. I told reception, who were embarrassed by it and apologised. I can only assume housekeeping had been disturbed halfway through cleaning!

Anyway, the only other negative was the lack of electrical outlets in the room. There was 1. And it was on the opposite side of the room to everything.

So, to the positives. The bathroom was lovely, really nice powerful shower, and the bed was big and reasonably comfortable. The location of this hotel is superb, just a short walk from the Anne Frank Museum, some fantastic bars and restaurants and the more tourist areas (Dam Square and The Red Light District in particular) and the staff were great.

I assume my 'gift' experience was an exception to their normally great service and so I haven't been too harsh in my rating. Still, it would be too generous to give 4 or 5 stars.

Room Tip: All rooms are small... don't expect too much more.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
5 Thank James K
Santa Cruz, California
Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

I was pleasantly surprised at how clean and nice this hotel was for the price and location. The reception staff was very pleasant and efficient. Special note: there is an elevator, but if you have a large bag, be prepared to lift it up and down a few stairs as you navigate from the elevator to your room.My room was very clean and cheery and compact in size but perfect for my quick visit to the city center in Amsterdam. I would definitely stay there again.

Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Kristen H
Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed February 6, 2014

We stayed in this hotel with my boyfriend to celebrate my b-day. The hotel location is really good, you can take #2,5,9 trams from the Central Station to get there only after 3-4 stops. This is a very small hotel, which is friendly and the manager is a really nice and funny Lady. She helped us to solve some problem, which occurred during our first night and she was extremely helpful, which we do appreciate. I can suggest this hotel not only because of its great location, but because of the helpful management.

Room Tip: Room number 453 is a small, but a good one, but the view is not a canal view.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Melinda V
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 28, 2014 via mobile

This place is just amazing. Had a room for 4 and I must say that was very good value for money. The rooms was spacious, very clean and very quiet.
I would like to outlined the fact that the staff was very very nice and always keen to help. Was my first time in This hotel and for sure it won't be the last.
BRAVO