“So Amazing!” 5 of 5 stars

Body Worlds Amsterdam Entrance Ticket with Optional Canal Cruise
Ranked #27 of 452 things to do in Amsterdam
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Gunther von Hagens’ BODY WORLDS: The Happiness Project in the heart of Amsterdam tells the amazing story of our own body and the impact of happiness on our health. More than 200 anatomical specimens of real human bodies show the complexity, resilience and vulnerability of the body. Join the 40 million people around the world who have already seen the exhibition and been on this fascinating voyage of discovery through the human body.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Stairs / elevator, Lockers / storage, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children
Montgomery, Texas, United States
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“So Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

I first heard about Body Worlds about 15 years ago and was fascinated with Gunther Van Hagens. The exhibit finally came to Houston, Tx about 7 years ago and I saw it then with my young daughter and our homeschooling group. At the end of the exhibit, she wanted to know how she could donate her body! It was very interesting and fascinating to see our bodies this distinctly. It came through again about a year later and we saw that one too. My husband had never seen or heard of it. I thought there was another exhibit that came through, but it turned out it was one of the wannabe's and it was horrible. It wasn't the experience I wanted my husband to have. When we came to Amsterdam on vacation, I saw that there was this exhibit and made sure we went to see it. My husband was thoroughly impressed and it did not fail to intrigue me again. To see how our veins, muscular structure and organs look, I would highly suggest visiting. These are real people, so it might not be for the squeamish or for immature children. But what a great educational lesson to have.

Visited February 2014

• Turkish first
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“If Anatomy Interests You.....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

Loved this permanent exhibition. Amazing just how complex the human body is and how well it's all packed in. The bodies are works of art and whilst they expose our innards no one that I saw even raised an eyebrow suggesting that the exhibition is suitable for most people. Just about the right amount of written information on each exhibit. Great place to pass a few hours

Uphall, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Worth A Visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Very interesting and informative if that's yr thing. Wasn't sure what to expect being honest and quite surprised what I learned.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“I wouldn't bother!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

Totally over rated - got bored after the second section! Highly over priced for what it is. Rude Staff at the front desk. I wouldn't recommend this place! Can't take your handbag with you?.. Why? Its not like someone is going to steal a body part!!! Won't be returning. Wished i had got my money back to be honest.

1 Thank Kerri C
AmsterdamEXPO, Public Relations Manager at Body Worlds, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
What a pity that our anatomy exhibition did not meet your expectations, Kerry. As for the bag: the reason you can not take it inside it is to prevent damage to our fragile plastinates. And –more importantly- this way visitors can walk around and enjoy the exhibition freely – especially on busy days. Have a happy day!
Dublin, Ireland
7 attraction reviews
“Body Worlds”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Very informative - but you need to be prepared to read the displayed information or perhaps hire an audio-guide. Well worth a visit.