We arrived and upgraded to an executive room as the 50 euros per night per room sounded a good deal. We were not disappointed. Clean, well provided for rooms with great views. Good buffet breakfast, "Canal Bus" right outside for leisurely city tour, drinks and evening snacks included in upgrade. Looked after very well by restaurant staff. This hotel is about a ten minute walk to the centre. The problem is when you try to cross the road. Every time you have cycle, tram and traffic to consider. All are tolerant and courteous but it is an extra and repetetive ordeal. I checked out the prices at eg the Sea Princess (nearerst posh restaurant) and it had dearer prices than the Movenpick. In a very ordinary cafe in the centre chicken and chips is 11 euros. We chose to take advantage of the complimentary (on executive package) starters, wine and soft drinks followed by an excellent main course eg steak dinner at 20euros. The highlight for us was the Swiss chocolate mousse which included a kahlua type liqueur for a total of 8 euros. It was huge! For those who are not teenagers it works better if you have a starter and a dessert rather than try to eat a main course, especially after the complementary starters which included steak tartare, spiced nuts, cheese, pate and croquettes. The Swiss have not heard of "healthy eating" and good for them! Our room coffee maker did not work and it was repaired by the time we came back from our canal capers. The wildlife you can see from the canals is great. Herons, coots, ducks and even turtles, probably, red eared sliders. It is most enjoyable to see people and their cats and dogs enjoy life on their canal boats. I would thoroughly recommend this hotel and this method of sight seeing for those who wish to have a safe, leisurely, stress free holiday and who are not interested in how much fat, caffeine or alcohol they are ingesting.
The hotel has a good spa (but no pool) but we didn't go near it. Too busy enjoying ourselves!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Mövenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Centre. With a prime location in the city of Amsterdam, this elegant hotel is the ideal venue for your executive travel, meeting and conferences or private ventures in matters of art and culture. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Hotwire, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Movenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moevenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Amsterdam
- Movenpick Hotel Amsterdam