This was our first trip to Amsterdam, and I am glad we were slightly removed from the city center. Getting into the historic old part of town is very easy. It is one tram stop, a 15 minute walk, a bike, or the hotel's shuttle service. Prior to the trip, we looked at several hotels in the city center. We had an opportunity to see these hotels after our arrival, and we were happy we were not there. Amsterdam is what I expected, and I am glad we were not in the middle of it all the time. It was nice to get away a bit. As already noted, the hotel is located on the pier where all the cruise ships dock - that was kind of cool. It was interesting to watch them come in and offload thousands of people!
I thought the guest service was excellent, I actually used the concierge service a lot (usually don't) because they were so good and informed, and I liked the new clean rooms. I must comment on the room safe - maybe this type is common now, but it was so easy to use with a digital coding system. Also, the cleaning crew was so kind, they actually tucked in my daughters teddy bears for us. She loved it when we would return to the room after they had been there. At one point, I called down to the front desk for extra towels and they were there in less than three minutes. I was surprised. Also, our last morning we ordered breakfast into the room and it was excellent.
I've been living in Europe for four years now, and I don't need the quaint 16th century inn anymore for the ambiance. I've been doing those for the last four years. Give me a modern, new contemporary hotel with plumbing that works.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Mövenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Centre. With a prime location in the city of Amsterdam, this elegant hotel is the ideal venue for your executive travel, meeting and conferences or private ventures in matters of art and culture. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Movenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moevenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Amsterdam
- Movenpick Hotel Amsterdam