Stayed for work, as my usual Amsterdam hotel choice was very pricey for the night and the same as the Movenpick so thought it was worth a try. Nice modern building, good views on all rooms i think as it faces something interesting on all sides. I was looking along the water to the station, which was good.
Good aircon, comfortable bed, nice room furniture. A small built in sofa even in a standard class room. Breakfast not cheap but it never is in hotels, but the quality was high and you could eat outside on the terrace. Parking about €40/night which si steep but then again it is central Amsterdam.
Walk to the centre is a bit odd, longer than it looks as you go back on yourself and end up on the harbour side fo the station, but perfectly easy and they do runa shuttler twice an hour. Hotel was stuffed with river tour boat customers which was a bit depressing, but nothing too bothersome.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Movenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Center. With a prime location in the city of Amsterdam, this elegant hotel is the ideal venue for your executive travel, meeting and conferences or private ventures in matters of art and culture. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Movenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moevenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Amsterdam
- Movenpick Hotel Amsterdam