Just returned from a four night stay. As others have said the hotel is in a great location just a 5-10 minute walk from the station. The number 26 tram is one stop to the "Muzicbox" and stops across the road. A 24 hour ticket can be purchased from the conductor on the tram (in a little box near the back). Don't worry when you get on the tram as it does almost a complete circle, doubling back on itself. From the other reviews it seems that all rooms have a wonderful view down the IJ lake onto the town centre. The hotel is comfortable with all amenities. There are toiletries, hairdryer and iron/ironing board available in the room and a decent shower. There is also a fridge which you stock yourself (in my case I bought milk so that I could have unlimited amounts of tea!!) Husband bought beer in a supermarket. TV has quite a few English channels including BBC 1,2,3. It maybe of interest that there is access to a computer and printer in the business area at the top end of the reception. We used this to confirm our return KLM flights and print the boarding cards. The hotel is non smoking but has a smoking place to the side of reception in a garage type area. This has seats and a heater. I would recommend this hotel and would use it again. I booked this through lastminute on a room only basis, although we were offered a breakfast package for 17.50E (I think) on checking in. We were also allowed to check in early without any problem and used the courtesy bus to take us to the station on the day of departure - this has to be pre-booked. Ate in the restaurant on a set menu, which I felt was reasonably priced - came to about 88E for two which included a 5E each additional charge for steaks, and all drinks - a beer, wine and bottle of water. Also took advantage of the happy hour in the bar on Friday night. Staff there were friendly and efficient and supply you with free nibbles. Special mention to Florian, the barman who was very nice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Movenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Center. With a prime location in the city of Amsterdam, this elegant hotel is the ideal venue for your executive travel, meeting and conferences or private ventures in matters of art and culture. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda, Ctrip TA, TravelUp, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Movenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moevenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Amsterdam
- Movenpick Hotel Amsterdam