Stayed here for a couple of nights in December. The hotel is definitely targeting the business traveler, and if you're looking for an impersonal approach, you might be satisfied. The rooms have a beautiful view over the IJ and Amsterdam City center.
An annoying feature of my room was a dirty and stained couch, otherwise the room, bed and bathroom were ok.
Breakfast was ok, but not excellent either.
Dinner was ok as well, except for the waiter who became really annoyed when our verdict on the wine was that it tasted like cork. While the second bottle left no room for discussion, the waiter remained cool to outright unfriendly.
The fitness room was too small for the size of the hotel.
I found the quality/price ratio average, and poor if you take the parking cost (€50/day) into account.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Movenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Center. With a prime location in the city of Amsterdam, this elegant hotel is the ideal venue for your executive travel, meeting and conferences or private ventures in matters of art and culture. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Cancelon, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Movenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moevenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Amsterdam
- Movenpick Hotel Amsterdam