Allthough the location is a little bit from the city it is worth it due to the river view. The hotel is next to the music house and right beside the river. And the tram stops almost outside the hotel. I stayed there for 3 nights in late october and was quite happy about the stay.
Arriving friday evening and was welcomed by the friendly staff. There was a slight confusion as they had assumed that I was female due to my first name which is a boys name in my country. I got a room on the 5th floor and again there was an apology that they could not get me a room at a higher floor but the hotel was fully booked.
The room was so nice, tastefully decorated and spacious. As my room was on the fifth floor most of my view was on the music house next door however I did manage to see some of the river. A 32" LED TV with loads of channels, coffee maker, refrigerator and most important of all - a super comfy bed. The wifi worked extremely well even if you only selected the free wifi with some limitations e.g. the max download speed of 512K. After four hours of use you have to create a new account however that was a minor detail as this takes app 2 minutes and then you are back online.
The bathroom was very nice and sparkling clean just as the rest of the room. Some amenities and a blowdryer. I travelled with two lady friends who stayed on the third floor and they complained a little bit about the blow dryer being fixed to the wall meaning that one could not be in the bathroom while the other dried their hair outside of the bathroom.
The hotel is about 20 floors and had four elevators for the guests. I did not a any time feel I had to wait for the elevator.
The room price did not include breakfast however we did decide to try it. It costs €23 which is kind on the expensive side however the breakfast is so good that it is worth it. Especially the bread is excellent.
We also tried the restaurant one night and again it was very good. Especially the staff was very service minded and friendly.
Checkin out was absolutely effortless and there was no problem in leaving our luggage for a couple of hours.
I highly recommend this hotel and would definitely like to go back in the summertime where I guess the location is even more fantastic.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Movenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Center. With a prime location in the city of Amsterdam, this elegant hotel is the ideal venue for your executive travel, meeting and conferences or private ventures in matters of art and culture. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Movenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moevenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Amsterdam
- Movenpick Hotel Amsterdam