I arrived in Amsterdam with double pneumonia, and stayed for 2 days of rain. We were with Viking River Cruise Line and they booked this hotel. Upon arrival the desk staff was snippy and I was sick and very tired from the flights and being left at the airport for 3 hours, instead of being picked up as we should have been (Viking's fault). They wanted to charge us 65 Euros EXTRA to get a bed (9:30am) right away but we'd already paid $500.00 each to Viking for our stay in Amsterdam (which included hotel and walking tour but it was too rainy for that--not their fault but an expensive stay). When we got our regular room at 1pm we crashed until 5pm and woke hungry. With the rain, going out wasn't an option so we ate in the bar (which was pretty quiet) and the wonderful staff there (and their recommendations) brought smiles to our faces. In fact all the staff other than the front desk was great! It is next to the music hall and walking distance to the Viking boats so it was a good location as well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Mövenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Centre. With a prime location in the city of Amsterdam, this elegant hotel is the ideal venue for your executive travel, meeting and conferences or private ventures in matters of art and culture. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Priceline, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Movenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moevenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Amsterdam
- Movenpick Hotel Amsterdam