We were warmly welcomed at the reception. We were given all the necessary information by the receptionist.
We were told that public parking was available in front of the hotel for a daily rate of 47 euros or we could park to another one which was 2 km away, for 8 euros because it was off the city limits. As a policy, the high price was set for parking within city limits to avoid traffic , as we were told.It was only 3 stops by the tram to reach to the parking lot for 8 euros and the tram stop was in front of the hotel, so it was not a big deal. However, it would be much convenient to have a valet service for some extra cost.
The receptionist asked whether we would like to have help for the luggages. We were very surprised later on that, our luggages were brought to our room not by a bellboy but a nice lady who was the manager which was very unusual and not very kind for her.
We stayed in a junior suit for 3 nights at a discounted rate of 250 euros per day, including breakfast. The room had a very nice view on 19th executive floor. It was much bigger than a junior suit with who two rooms actually, the bedroom was separated with a door from the sitting area. The bed was comfortable, the room was very quiet to have a perfect sleep.The bathroom was big and very clean. Minibar was complimentary, with some soft drinks and beer. Wi-fi was free and had good reception in the room.
The breakfast was good with lots of choices. There was a small executive lounge area, just next to the big breakfast room, not on a separate floor as we expected.
The concierge was helpful to give all the necessary information.
The hotel was located just one stop away from central station by tram. It was much better staying at this quiet area rather than the crowded city.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Mövenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Centre. With a prime location in the city of Amsterdam, this elegant hotel is the ideal venue for your executive travel, meeting and conferences or private ventures in matters of art and culture. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Orbitz, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Movenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moevenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Amsterdam
- Movenpick Hotel Amsterdam