I thought this was a great hotel in terms of 'getting-away' from the noise of central Amsterdam and chilling out a little. The hotel has a small cafe next door which does the best cheese panini's for breakfast which are unbelievable (don't bother with the inferior subway!).
The hotel was more of a hub for me to sleep but what they had was good space, bathroom, beds - poor sheets and ours was two single beds stuck together. The shuttle bus service was pretty good at getting us to central station (its FREE so use it).
The only blot on the hotel was the poor room service for alcohol late at night and lack of selection for food - granted we got back to the hotel after a night on the town at 2am - so bring your own booze back if you can.
Overall good hotel - nothing more, nothing less...that's Movenpick for you - efficient.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Mövenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Centre. With a prime location in the city of Amsterdam, this elegant hotel is the ideal venue for your executive travel, meeting and conferences or private ventures in matters of art and culture. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Ctrip TA, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Movenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moevenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Amsterdam
- Movenpick Hotel Amsterdam