If you are looking for a hotel pre-cruise, look no further. You literally walk out the front door and a few steps to your left and drop off your luggage and board the ship. How convenient is that? But beyond that this hotel is amazing. We were upgraded to a corner room with gorgeous view of the harbor. Our cruise ship was docked right outside our window when we woke up the next day. The front desk was so friendly and helpful. I found the location, while not exactly right in the city, to be very good. The tram is just down the street and you are in the city in 5 minutes, and hey the tram ride is fun! I left my Kindle in the room and housekeeping turned it in. Thank you housekeeping!! We did eat in the restaurant and have drinks in the bar, and while yes it was pricey at least it was really good! Everything is expensive in Amsterdam so it was not a shocker. The bar was hopping, fun atmosphere and it was a week night at that. The rooms were large, clean, modern, and the shower ahhhhh so good. I would stay here again in a second no matter what the reason for visiting this great city, but if it were pre-cruise this is the only place I would stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Movenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Center. With a prime location in the city of Amsterdam, this elegant hotel is the ideal venue for your executive travel, meeting and conferences or private ventures in matters of art and culture. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Movenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moevenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Amsterdam
- Movenpick Hotel Amsterdam