Park Plaza Vondelpark, Amsterdam
$278
$256
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Hotel Van Gogh(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
$177
$85
Hostelworld.com
1,917 results
All reviewstram stopglass bathroommain buildingnumber tramminute walkexecutive roombeautiful parkhotel is locatedcentral stationwet roomquiet areamuseum quartervan goghpublic transportvondelparkcentreannex
Reviewed August 31, 2012

We booked in here for a long weekend in Amsterdam. Location was great, 10 minutes on the tram to Dam Square (and a nice stroll home through lovely streets if you feel up for it). Being right beside Vondel Park, it's a lovely spot for Spring/Summer romantic strolls. Hotel was staff was courteous, quickly ordering us taxi's whenever required. Room was massive (in the block adjacent to the hotel reception), great wetroom, nice decor. Would stay again. Can't comment on breakfast as we didn't wake up in time!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PhilipFiona
MNieuwenhuize, General Manager at Park Plaza Vondelpark, Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2012

Dear PhilipFiona,

Thank you for your review! Great to read!
We look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed August 30, 2012 via mobile

VERY pleasant and professional check in. The gentleman at the reception as well as the people in bar and restaurant have true hospitality in their genes. The hotel is slightly out dated, but renovation started. The new rooms are great, spacious and have a glass bathroom wall. Beds and pillows are exceptional. Hotel is at walking distance of the Leidsche square which the heart of where you want to be. It's fifteen minutes walk through the Vondel Park where everybody seems to smoke the funny stuff and play gitar. We'll definately return.

• Stayed: August 2012

Dear thesheikhfromdubai,

Thank you very much for your positive review.
I am happy to hear you enjoyed our professional check in and that you experienced real hospitality. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to welcoming you in the nearby future!

Reviewed August 25, 2012

Checking the status of my account, I've verified that there have been two erroneous charges on my account by the hotel Park Plaza (Vondelpark, Amsterdam), the two counts were made on 17 August, check-in day, the first error of 104.25 €, and the second error of 341.84 € = 446,09 €.

The bill that was given me in the hotel with the correct amount 296.09 €.

I contact with hotel to resolve this nasty incident, and they load the bill, but don't return the two previous amounts...

I was cheated more than 400 €.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Raul Z
MNieuwenhuize, General Manager at Park Plaza Vondelpark, Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2012

Dear Raul Z,

I’m very dismayed about your comment on Tripadvisor.
I believe a mistake has been occurred, maybe in our accounting department or with your bank.
Of course we never want our guests feel like they have been cheated and we will do our utmost to resolve this problem.
Can you please sent me an email with further information so we can find out what happened.

Kind regards,
Maarten Nieuwenhuize
Hotel Manager
mnieuwenhuize@pphe.com

Reviewed August 25, 2012

The hotel although state they are city centre is just on the outskirts and a short tram ride or 15 min walk from the main areas. The area is lovely quite up market and very safe. The staff at this hotel are without doubt the most courtious and welcoming of all the hotels in the world I have visited. The room, we had an upgrade to a suite which was really nice and worth the extra as we were staying 4 nights and it was my wifes birthday. The breakfast was amazing especially for a dutch Hotel. All the fruit and cerials you could want plus meats cheeses smoked salmon and also Scrambled / Boiled eggs bacon mushrooms sausage baked beans and Pancakes.. For sweet tooths even iceds donuts. We will definately go back again. One tip buy a multi day ticket for the tram and hop on and off as much as you like it is very cheap compared to most cities. You must visit Anne Frank it is so moving and pre book on line as the queues are very long. Prebooking you can have a separate 30 min introduction which is very good and enter by the side door without queues. We will definately go again and stay here.

Room Tip: Use Carlson Club to request an upgrade
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DoubtingThomas1

Dear DoubtingThomas1,

I would like to thank you for writing such a nice review about your stay with us.

We are very pleased to hear all the positive comments about our staff and we are very proud that you find us the most courtious and welcoming of all hotels in the world you have visited. Furthermore, I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stays and our breakfast. Compliments like yours drive us forward!
Please send me a message the next time you visit us, I look forward meeting you!
Kind regards,

Reviewed August 21, 2012

As others have commented, The Park Plaza Vondelpark is located in a quieter part of Amsterdam.
If you are looking for lots of activity in the area this hotel is not for you, but if you want a quiet place to come at the end of the day, try this hotel. You will arrive in Amsterdam Schipol Airport take the train to Central Station. Then get Tram # 2. You can purchase a 1 hour pass, 2 days pass, etc. to use during your stay. The tram stop is about a 5 minute walk to the hotel. Tram passes right in front of hotel. Check in went ok, I would advise to bring any paper work stating the kind of room you reserved. We reserved an executive room, but front desk clerk wanted to put us in a regular room. Luckily we had our confirmation. We held the hotel to the reservation and got the agreed upon room. Otherwise all went well. Our room was large for European standards. The room had two twin size beds, with a shower only, nice TV, coffee, tea, etc.
My only drawback was there was only one mirror and it was in the bathroom. Yes they do have the cloudy glass partition between the bedroom and bathroom area( that did not bother us). The hotel has a good buffet breakfast downstairs. I don’t know if they had a dinner area, we did not eat at the hotel or in the area.
Free Wi Fi for hotel guest and there is a computer in the lobby near reception area. I found the staff to be very polite and helpful.
There is a beautiful park located behind the hotel. We enjoyed walking through it.

Room Tip: Choose a room in one the other two buildings, other than main building. ask for an executive room.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Traveling_Lady_2004

Dear Traveling_Lady_2004,

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review about your stay with us.

I am sorry to hear that you reserved an Executive Room, but were put into a Superior Room. Nevertheless, we are glad that you were satisfied with your room, the size and amenities. I apologize for the issue you had with only finding a mirror in the bathroom, we will definitely think about this and will use your comment to fine tune our operations in the hope that upon your next visit, we can meet or exceed your expectations. Moreover, I want to thank you for your positive comments towards our staff which I have passed on to them.

Once again thank you for staying with us and we hope to welcoming you in the nearby future!