New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #210 of 362 Hotels in Amsterdam
Zlate Klasy
“Good budget hotel.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

We travelled to Amsterdam in May 2013 to watch UEFA Europa league final match in Amsterdam Arena. The hotel meet our expectations. It was very central and good for exploring the city both on foot or using public transport. Trams are just a short walk away and the central station can be reached in 10 minutes. We stayed in a room for 5, which was spacious enough. The bathroom needs a reconstruction, but it was not important for us. There was a wifi in rooms and the staff was very kind a helpful. We enjoyed our stay in Westertoren and will definitely come back.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Turkish first
New Orleans
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2012

Not only could we not check in on time, we had to leave in the middle of the night because the hotel clerk's sexual harassment.

Our first encounter with the hotel clerk was when he was yelling and berating the cleaning lady. We were unable to check in a few hours later. The hotel clerk (Sam) was completely inappropriate with us. He spoke about his experiences at the Red Light District and his preferences. For an example, he told us for two euros he can watch a naked woman dance and that's what he prefers. He then further discussed other inappropriate things he liked. After his conversations, he wanted to take a picture of us. We were desperately trying to get out of there and agreed to it. We thought it was a picture of us and the first one was of us. Then he wanted to take a picture with one of us and tried to kiss her! After one of us telling him to stop, he said she liked it and kept trying After that picture, he insisted to take a picture with the other girl. He rested his head on her chest and wanted two pictures with her. We agreed to the pictures because we were unsure as to what other things he might do. We were completely mortified and left the hotel in the middle of the night. And by left, we quickly packed our luggage and darted out of the hotel. Apparently, he noticed our disappearance (within 5 minutes of exiting the hotel) because we saw him run out of the hotel and watched us get into a taxi.

We never had this experience before in any other countries. I do not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank J B

Travelers are raving about these Amsterdam hotels

NW USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2012

Very friendly, nice gentleman on duty, well-spoken English, who kindly stored my suitcase on early morning arrival. He also made sure I had breakfast delivered the night before an early departure. The stairs aren't that bad if you're reasonably fit and I'm an older lady! Really appreciated the in-room coffee/tea. And the cutest balcony with nice view, table and 2 chairs, where it was permitted to smoke tobacco.
The room I had was on 2nd floor, shared toilet (never saw anyone else), with shower/sink combo in room that worked fine. Small but well designed space, very clean and quiet. Easy walk to Central Station, central Amsterdam is easily walkable, I only went as far as the Albert Cuyp Market, (the tram is expensive!) and the Rijksmuseum. For a longer stay I would look at apartments or larger room, but would have been happy to stay here 3 or 4 nights.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

Really nice hotel - very friendly staff, great value, great location - just 5 minutes to Dam square (the main square) and to Anne Frank's house. Tea and coffee facilities in room. We were 3 floors up and there were steep staircases (typical for Amsterdam though) - great view from room balcony though!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
New Westminster
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2012

We left after the first of a planned four night stay. This was the 13th hotel we stayed at in Europe this summer, all in a similar price range. From reading hotel reviews, I was aware of the long, steep stairs and that the hotel had no air conditioning (which one would really appreciate when you have a room on top floor). However, the room was a tight fit for three people and the noise from the busy street below kept us awake ALL night. Although we were given a fan when we requested one, it was still absolutely necessary to sleep with the patio door open all night. Breakfast was also not on par with the rest of our experiences. It was delivered to our room, and per person consisted of three pieces of bread (no toaster in room), 1 butter, 1 jam, 1 yogurt and 1 hard boiled egg. No plates or knives were provided. Tea and coffee making facilities were available in the room, but no breakfast drink was provided for our 9 year old daughter.
Although the young man in the office was very pleasant, he insisted that I would have to pay for 4 nights if we left. I told him I was willing to pay for two - one for the night we had stayed, and another as an equivalent to a "no show" for the reservation. He went as far as to call the owner, but in the end took my offer of two nights' pay. If you are young, not a light sleeper, don't need a lot of space and like cold bread for breakfast, this hotel is in a great, central location.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Bucharest, Romania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2012

Historical building, very well located - at a walking distance to the city center. High stairs and no elevator, 76 steps to the room on the 2nd floor. Small and clean room for three persons, bathroom incredibly small, balcony with a nice view; breakfast on time every morning, by the door, good minimum service.

Room Tip: Too tall and narrow stairs for retired people, the reception is at the (high) mezzanine.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2012

In the hotel's webpage it was stated that I can cancel my reservation without any charge 1 week in advance. I cancelled my reservation 1 week in advance but I was charged with the first night (Same amount that is charged to a no show-up customer). When I contacted the hotel to ask the issue I was told that I passed the time. The hotel owner did not want to refund my payment. Not to pay a fee for a service which I have not received I told him that I do not want to cancel my reservation anymore and wanted to stay instead. The hotel owner said me he is full and cannot provide me a free room to stay. He did not have any business loss and just charged me for a service that he did not provide. I was completely dissatisfied with his attitude.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo