All reviewscoffee makerevery morningdam squaresmall apartmentlovely hoststhe heart of the cityfirst floorperfect locationvisiting amsterdamrudymicrowavestairstoiletriesdutch
Reviewed August 25, 2013

This Bed&Breakfast changed our view of B&B in general. My fiancè was sceptical of the B&B concept, but when we saw the room, he changed his mind. In my opinion, it was better than any hotel I ever stayed in. The location is very good - very central. The breakfast and the service where fantastic. (Microwave, fridge, watercooker, the choice of mueslis and sweets, even little plastic bags, so you could pack your own lunch.) We were very satisfied an are looking forward to going again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We stayed for 8 nights at the Palace B&B. Rudy and Pia are very friendly and helpful hosts. They helped us with directions and suggestions on restaurants multiple times. They arranged taxis for us to and from Schiphol airport. The room was great, even with the 4 of us. There was plenty of fresh bread left by the door each morning, and the in-suite fridge was filled each day with milk, juice, water, cheese, sandwich meat, butter, yogurt, and fruit. Needless to day, breakfast was fantastic. And the location just couldn't be better. Moments from Dam Square and shopping on Kalverstraat. Less than 20 mins from the Central train station. And many great restaurants just down Spuistraat. A wonderful property. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We were very warmly welcomed by Rudy. He then managed to carry both our suitcases up a very steep stair way to our room. Room was spacious and well appointed. We enjoyed generous breakfasts and food was fresh and replaced daily. We found the location very handy, we walked everywhere easily and found a great variety of dinner outlets on Spuistraat.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 20, 2013

This was the 4th time we stayed in Palace B&B in the past 8 years… we stayed for 7 nights. Breakfast is available anytime of the day… the food is left in our room so we could eat at our convenience. The refrigerator in the room is refilled daily… the room has bread toaster, micro-wave oven, coffee maker.
WIFI is available for free.
Room is very spacious. Bed is good… we slept very well.
Location is the best! It is very near the Palace and Dam Square. Good restaurants around the area.
We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Get room fronting the street.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 26, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Palace B&B for three nights at the end of July 2012. It was our first place to stay on our 8 week trip through Europe, and we could not have been happier! We arrived there quite early after a very long flight from Australia, and were greeted so warmly by Rudy, and only after a few minutes wait (in which we were kindly given a drink) we were shown to our room. We had booked the large room at the front and it was wonderful! And much bigger than I had expected! Rudy was a wonderful host and we very much appreciated his explanation of the city, the maps he had prepared and also all of the breakfast provisions that were left for us. We never went hungry at all!

The bed was very comfortable, in fact on our first day we were quite tired after the flight and went to have a quick nap around 1pm, and woke up at 11.30pm! We didn't hear a thing and were so comfortable.

The lounge room is large and very comfortable and looks over the street. We didn't find it at all noisy, but we also don't mind hearing the odd car or people talking etc.

The bathroom is small, but fine.

The location is fantastic, so close to everything. My husband and I walked everywhere...and I mean everywhere!

We really enjoyed our time in Amsterdam and I am so glad that we stayed at the Palace B&B. It really was the best start to our wonderful holiday. I would highly recommend staying here, Rudy was amazing (even posted my postcards for us!) and we loved the visits we had from Barney the cat.

Thank you Rudy! (And thank you to your wife too, who's name escapes me!)

Room Tip: Choose the front room if it's available.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple