“The best way to start our holiday!”
Review of Palace B&B

Palace B&B
Ranked #29 of 337 Amsterdam B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 26, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Palace B&B for three nights at the end of July 2012. It was our first place to stay on our 8 week trip through Europe, and we could not have been happier! We arrived there quite early after a very long flight from Australia, and were greeted so warmly by Rudy, and only after a few minutes wait (in which we were kindly given a drink) we were shown to our room. We had booked the large room at the front and it was wonderful! And much bigger than I had expected! Rudy was a wonderful host and we very much appreciated his explanation of the city, the maps he had prepared and also all of the breakfast provisions that were left for us. We never went hungry at all!

The bed was very comfortable, in fact on our first day we were quite tired after the flight and went to have a quick nap around 1pm, and woke up at 11.30pm! We didn't hear a thing and were so comfortable.

The lounge room is large and very comfortable and looks over the street. We didn't find it at all noisy, but we also don't mind hearing the odd car or people talking etc.

The bathroom is small, but fine.

The location is fantastic, so close to everything. My husband and I walked everywhere...and I mean everywhere!

We really enjoyed our time in Amsterdam and I am so glad that we stayed at the Palace B&B. It really was the best start to our wonderful holiday. I would highly recommend staying here, Rudy was amazing (even posted my postcards for us!) and we loved the visits we had from Barney the cat.

Thank you Rudy! (And thank you to your wife too, who's name escapes me!)

Room Tip: Choose the front room if it's available.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Palace B&B

Reviewed September 25, 2012

We stayed in B&B last week in the suite (larger room). Plenty of space in the room and the breakfast is good; plenty of food in your fridge. Rudy was very polite and assisted immensely.
Would certainly try and stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Strog01
Reviewed September 25, 2012

It's cozy place to me. I stayed 7 nights for conference in Sep. 2012. Nice location to reach Dam square, took about 5 mins by walk. The host Ruby is very friendly, introduced us about the city of Amsterdam. He prepared several different breads for breakfast. He was impressed me a lot to prepare the instant noodles & Starbucks coffee. The room is clear, comfortable bed. One or 2 nights in Sat or Sun, I heard noise from the street, but it's weekend. And I will stay here again for next visit.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Caroline L
Reviewed September 6, 2012

This place is awesome IF you have the larger front room. However, if you get the back "garden" room you will still be well taken care of by Rudy, the host with the most. He was so nice, but not overtly...checking in with my husband and I as we came and went on our 4 days in Amsterdam. The room is darker, but well decorated. The bathroom is a bit awkward, with the toilet a step up from the floor. The kitchenette had everything we needed to make ourselves at home with frig, microwave, coffee pot. And the bed was comfy with a firm mattress, just the way we like it. All in all we would stay there again for the great central location but we would definitely ask for the front room.

Room Tip: Ask for larger front room
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Trace29407
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We stayed at the Palace B&B in May 2012 which was great and close to Dam Square. As check-in was at 2 p.m., the owner, Ruby, accommodated our early arrival at 8:30 a.m. and allowed us to leave our luggage behind so that we could head out for the day. We were also able to freshen up. Before we set off, Ruby gave us an introduction to Amsterdam. He had a map ready for us to take, asked what we were planning to do, and explained where the sites were in relation to the inn along with other useful pieces of information. Everything we had planned to do was within a 20 minute walk at most. We were well served at this inn as fresh bread, deli meat, jams, and coffee. The breakfast stuff were brought to our room each evening for us to enjoy in the morning at our leisure. Wifi was available as well in the room. We were royally treated at this inn and would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank mfranks79
Reviewed July 18, 2012

A friend and I stayed at the Palace B&B for 3 nights in July 2012. Our experience was very positive:
- Rudy, the owner, and his staff were very friendly and attentive without being obtrusive;
- Location is fantastic (very near all the major sites while being nicely tucked away);
- Breakfasts were very good and I loved having the food left in our room so we could eat at our convenience;
- Cost (E119 per night) was reasonable by Amsterdam standards, although the city is on the pricey side generally
- Room was peaceful and cosy, with an excellent bed.

My only slight downside, which is why I haven't given 5 stars, is that we had the room at the back which was perfectly adequate, and very quiet, but was on the smallish and basic side.

Nevertheless, an excellent B&B and Amsterdam is great.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank dar268
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Would recommend to anyone for its excellent service and location. We stayed in the suite room, was like having your own apartment as it was very spacious and comfortable.
For sure would repeat this stay!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple