“Fabulous location and a great host”
Review of Palace B&B

and 1 more site!
Palace B&B
Ranked #27 of 337 Amsterdam B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 21, 2012

The best thing about the B and B is its location and friendly host. Its a great location to walk to local bars and restaurants, five flies and humphreys were both very good for dinner and less than 5 minutes away. It was nice to have our own space to have breakfast in the room whenever we liked and lots of choice of breakfast foods provided. Check in time was 2pm and check out at 12, also very convenient. Rudy was very informative and quick to respond to queries by email. The room was cleaned to a good standard every day and the bed was very comfortable.

I would probably have given the B and B 5 stars if I had stayed in the front room, I was expecting a larger space from the pictures I had seen on line. the back room at the top is smaller and next to the utility room, enough space but not what I was expecting and maybe the pricing of this room needs to be looked at to offer better value.

On the first floor of the house there is a hair dressers, you could smell the hair dressing chemicals on the way up the stairs but it was fine once you were in your room, also worth noting is that they have a cat which is free to roam the house (you can lock the cat flap on your door) so not good for allergy sufferers!

I would stay there again when in Amsterdam but I'd ask for the larger room!

Room Tip: ask for the larger rooms towards the front.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gingertraveller30
There are newer reviews for Palace B&B

Reviewed March 21, 2012

Stayed at Palace B&B for three nights in March. My room was spacious and immaculate. Not exactly "palatial," but exactly what I needed for a restful getaway. Rudy was out of town, but his relative was a perfect hostess, letting me check in early and check out late. Each day she went out shopping to stock my kitchenette with all kinds of breakfast treasures. I really felt mothered -- but in a good way!

As others have indicated, the location is 100% perfect. All points of interest are within walking distance -- yet you feel that you live in an authentic neighborhood, not some kind of tourist trap. The first day of my trip was very rainy, so I was delighted to find a full-size umbrella in the wardrobe in my room. Very thoughtful!

A couple little rooms for improvement: There was a wifi password written on a piece of paper taped to the inside of the kitchenette cabinet, but I never managed to get online with it. Secondly, the door to my room was adjacent to a neglected kitchen area, which was a bit smelly (but not a problem when my room door was closed).

Overall, a great experience and a wonderful value. Would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: I had the guest room on the back side of the house, which was perfectly quiet. Two large windows, b...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank 560Brian_B
Reviewed February 27, 2012

We had a wonderful time in Amsterdam. Palace B & B is conveniently located near shops, restaurant in the heart of the city. The room is decorated with taste and is very spacious.
A big thank you to Rudy for his home.
clémence

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 21, 2012

Your host will be Rudy, your room (particularly the front room) will be spacious and comfortable, and the location cannot be beat, i.e., restaurants, shopping, and museums abound the area. We had three wonderful, peaceful days there and enjoyed not only the area, but Rudy, who greets you at the door, insists on lugging your bags to your room on the second floor, is helpful in recommending restaurants, etc., and makes certain the you are overly fed with an abundance of breakfast alternatives. There are no downsides to staying at this excellent B&B housed in a 16th or 17th century building with modern facilities inside. When we return to Amsterdam, we will check availability here first.

Room Tip: There are two rooms; I think the one in the front is larger, but we never saw the back room.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 29, 2012

Awesome location, walking distance to everything you want to see, nice, clean, quite, beautiful room/suite. I use to live in Belgium and have been in Amsterdam many time, this is the best deal so far. Perfect for a a short or long stay. My fiancee loved it. I will go back there next time we are in Amsterdam. No questions asked. Excellent pricing, too. Thanks Rudy!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Laurent B
Reviewed November 15, 2011

We stayed at the Palace B & B for two nights on 11/12 November 2011 and thought the accomodation was excellent. This was actually the sixth time I have stayed in Amsterdam and this was the best place I have stayed in. We booked direct with the hotel by e-mail and got a quick response to our booking enquiry with confirmation of the booking within minutes of our asking for it. We actually arrived early in Amsterdam and although we knew the room would not be available until 2.00PM, Rudy kindly let us leave our bags there. I believe ours was the smaller of the two rooms available located at the back of the building, and we were really pleased with it. As stated in other reviews, breakfast was taken in the room and we recieved a wide range of items - far better than the usual continental type breakfasts you get in many other places. The decor and fittings in the room were all of a high standard, and we found the bed really comfortable. We both slept better than we had in a long time, although alcohol and some cookies purchased nearby may have contributed to that! Having visited Amsterdam before, the steep staircase was not unexpected although it was still challenging going up and down those stairs. As with many parts of Amsterdam, there is a lot of grafitti in the area around the hotel, but it didn't really bother us. We even found a stall at one of the markets selling spray cans for wannabe Banksys. Overall, we really enjoyed our time here - the Palace is only a short walk to the main square, and runs parallel with the Singel canal. We found some really nice bars only a short walk from the B & B, and there are plenty of shops and restaurants close to hand if you want to avoid the busier parts of town. We thoroughly recommend a stay at the Palace B & B. We like telling people we stayed in The Palace!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PJLetsRock
Reviewed November 7, 2011

We just returned from Amsterdam froma 4 day holiday. Had booked ourselves at the Palace B&B run by Rudy. The reservation was quick ont he email with no deposit as such asked for.

Rudy was very prompt in adjusting our dates and with our queries of how ot reach his B&B from the Airport. The B&B is located at a very convinient location in Amsterdam,very close to the Dam Square where all the action amd the bustling streams out to diffrenet streets.

There are 2 rooms on the 2nd floor and both are very cozy and comfortable though I have to say that the room in the front is very spacious and gives you a feeling of an apartment to yourself. The staff, Pia, is very gracious and helpful and takes good care of the guests.

I recommend Palace B&B highly-its warm, safe, affordable & centrally located in Amsterdam.

Room Tip: Go for the suite
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends