Ibis Styles Amsterdam City
$276
$255
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $283/night.

The Toren(Amsterdam)
$536
$360
Orbitz.com
1,014 results
All reviewsheineken experiencecentral stationtram stopalbert cuyp marketheineken museumbreakfast was includedtea and coffeedam squarerooms are smalltram numbercold meatsthird floorreception staffvending machineminute walkbeds were comfortablewi fi
Reviewed July 2, 2014

We only had one night in this hotel, but it was a welcome change from some far less good hostels the previous few nights. As with all Ibis' I have stayed, the beds are comfy, the rooms and bathroom are spotlessly clean and the staff were friendly. Of course it's basic, but breakfast was included and we were able to keep our bags in a relatively secure room for the majority of the next day also.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 2, 2014

I was invited to the hotel for a work related meeting and I thought it was in a good location. Recently renovated (although in a rather cheap manner) and room was tiny but ok, reception staff very friendly, but as other reviewer wrote, it is pretty noisy (cleaning personell). Worst of all though is that I had 50 Euros stolen out of my bag. Yes, there is a safe in the room but I would not have thought that some money would dissapear out of my bag. Once I noticed on my way home, I emailed the hotel and unfortunatly I have not received any answer (its 2 weeks ago now). This is very dissapointing, has never happened to me before, and I would not go there again.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank mindmap
Reviewed June 30, 2014

The room is simple but everything you need. We had trouble with our shower, it would flood the bathroom every time and after a shower you have the keep the bathroom door shut otherwise it sets off the smoke alarms which was a bit of a pain.
The rooms are a tight squeeze, but we still managed to move around fine with our suitcases in there, bed was comfortable and a balcony means you can get lots of fresh air.
The breakfast team are absolutely wonderful, we always came down ten minutes before it ended but they would always make sure there was enough food for us, one of the ladies even heated up a bunch of croissants for me when she saw me looking around for them.
Good location, ask for a city map and then you'll be fine, it looks far from the centre but it's surprisingly close.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Fiona H
Reviewed June 22, 2014

3 generations of my family stayed here for 2 nights as we visited Amsterdam for the first time. Since we had children with us, the economical price of the "family rooms" (sleep 3 or 4!) caught our eye and this hotel's easy access to the sights worked great. The rooms were small but cheerful. The breakfast had many options and was wonderful. The breakfast room was bright and clean and proved to be a nice place for our family to visit with each other during the afternoon as we rested our feet. The breakfast ladies and front desk staff were very professional and helpful with directions from our clueless bunch. We struggled a bit with the lack of air conditioning, but each room had a fan and the windows opened and cooled off the room. I don't know that I will be fortunate enough to go back to Amsterdam again, but if I did I would stay here!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Iowadutchgirl
Reviewed June 5, 2014

Hotel is really 3.5 not 4 stars, but I couldn't justify lowering it to 3.

Location is on the outer rim of the canals, however it is still convenient as there are trams available to the city centre just at the end of the street. However we chose to walk everywhere, it will take you roughly 20 mins to walk towards the centre. There is also a bike rental scheme at the hotel. In terms of arriving via train at Amsterdam Central, we took a taxi to and from the terminal, it cost roughly 15-20 euros and was 20-30 mins (dependent on traffic). It did take our taxi 15 mins from the time we called it to the time it picked us up to take us there so just be aware of that when leaving.

There is also a Lidl supermarket around the corner and another supermarket towards the city centre after the park if you need water or snacks.

Hotel is an older building refurbished, some of the rooms are a little more worn than others. There is about 4 stairs to get in to the hotel, so just something to note when taking your luggage up/down. Elevator is small and very slow, but we squeezed the 2 of us, our 2 large suitcases and 2 carry-ons in to the lift fine. Sometimes was quicker to walk up the stairs than wait for the lift.

We were given a room on the top floor, it was quite squishy. We did manage to have 2 suitcases open but it was tight walking around the room. The bathroom is very small as well. There is no air conditioning in the room, just an oil heater which was fine for us as we stayed in March and it was chilly and rained. You can open the window (usual european styles) to let air in. Room was very well cleaned, and always done by the staff before noon.

Bed was quite firm, but still comfortable enough to fall asleep. Room was a little noisy, we could hear the other drunk guests in their room but otherwise we didn't hear anyone else. TV had the usual english news channels and 2 additional english entertainment channels. Wi-fi was good, no issues with drop out.

Breakfast was decent for all included, nothing super fancy but fills you up enough. All the staff speak english, in general everyone in Amsterdam can speak english. Staff are all very friendly and always happy to have a chat to you (though again we found this throughout Amsterdam). The staff really do make a smaller older hotel in to something much nicer.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple