We had originally booked into the 3 star Eden hotel but were upgraded to the 4 star Hampshire, so we were grateful. However, as I am compelled to write about the Hampshire, I must give an honest opinion.
Its location, in my opinion, is just the best, its in a n area that is full of activity and in walking distance to Dam Square, Centraal, the shopping district etc. We choose this hotel mainly due to the location.
We had booked two rooms and on arrival at 10am we were glad to find that both rooms were immediately available. Although we had done the booking a couple of months in advance it would have been nice to have both rooms on the same floor,but this is a minor issue. Simiilalry they could have tried to at least give us one room with a view (instead we got courtyard views) The room(s) were a little tired in decor and in need of a deep clean. The carpets could do with a wash and the walls some paint. Three light bulbs were not working in one of our rooms (two in the other). Overall a deep clean would just make that little difference. However this should not put anyone off as the rooms are relatively clean (just tired).
The television/channels were bait of a let down for a 4 start hotel, not a single channel in any other language but dutch / german. There was no international news channel either which is disappointing as its often nice to just catch up on the news at the end/start of the day.
Have read about staff being unpleasant or about noise, to be honest each and every member of staff we cam across was pleasant and helpful. As for the noise, its nothing more than you would get in any city centre hotel close to clubs and bars (I do wish people would do their research and stop moaning).
As for facilities there is not much in the hotel, but I'm sure there are more interesting hints to do in Amsterdam than staying back in the hotel...
overall it needs to work a little harder on maintenance, deep clean and it will reach its 4 star rating.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Are you ready for Amsterdam? At Hampshire Hotel - Rembrandt Square on the famous Rembrandtplein, everything Amsterdam has to offer is on your doorstep. The ideal starting point for a day visiting museums (Rijksmuseum, Van Gogh Museum and the Hermitage), wandering over Waterlooplein, cycling through the seventeenth century city centre, sailing through the canals, sitting at one of the pavement cafes on Rembrandtplein and visiting trendy local bars and clubs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Hampshire Hotel - Rembrandt Square Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eden Rembrandt Square Amsterdam
- Hotel Eden Rembrandt Square
- Eden Rembrandt Hotel Amsterdam
- Eden Rembrandt Square Hotel Amsterdam