Rembrandt Square Hotel Amsterdam
$248
$229
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $273/night.

$561
$331
Lloyd Hotel(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
1,889 results
All reviewshampshire hotelgreat locationmini barfrosted glassnice hotelamstel riverjunior suitebars and restaurantscentral locationtram stopred light districtedenconciergenightlifestopseurope
Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for a week, for work, great location was able to walk to many near by bars and places to eat. Room was clean, the bed was one of the best for comfort. I requested a room on the top floor away from the road, and it was so peaceful. Bathroom and shower, clean very nice.

• Stayed: September 2013
Thomas h, Manager at Rembrandt Square Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for staying in our hotel!
We hope to welcome you again!

Reviewed September 14, 2013

This place has not improved, despite its change of name over the years.

The fruit in the buffet was covered in flies. My room had a filthy phone and bedside table. My bathroom wasn't cleaned. I had to ask three times for a TV remote control. The carpet was not vacuumed in my room. The lobby carpet smells foul.

This hotel does not meet the expectation for its price.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
1  Thank Neatham

Dear guest,

Thank you for your comments!
We will use these to improve our level of service!
We will start with renovating our rooms next month!

Reviewed September 10, 2013

Executive summary....the place is a dump. To be fair, I guess that this is two hotels (the Hampshire & the Eden) and people make a big deal of the difference between the two --but who cares? Either way, the place is simply not that great based on my experience. Check-in was a fiasco and late by more than an hour (4PM) and when I finally got the room, it was a dump. It certainly had the basics but the place was filthy and pretty worn out. In particular, the carpet was filthy and smelled pretty bad --especially as it was a bit rainy while we were there. Last, the bathrooms were something you would expect to see out of a Cold War communist prison block. BTW, there is no toilet paper. Instead they have this little plastic box that dispenses tiny sheets of 240-grit sandpaper. If that is not bad enough, this cheap dispenser never stays closed and one has to sit hunched over as, otherwise, the dispenser jabs you in the back.

I try to be fair and balanced in my reviews --so I will have to end this one now as I am hard-pressed to find a single reason to suggest that you stay here. It should be noted that the location is great as it is right on Rembrandtplein and makes a good home base to see Amsterdam. But this is also the very same reason to stay somewhere else as there are many hotels and inns right near there and one doesn't need to settle for this place.

As I write this, I should have given it one star. However, I will still give it two as I think the staff was trying to do the right thing --but the odds were against them.

Room Tip: Want a good room? Go to another hotel --or a park bench. Both would be better,.

Dear guest,

Thank you for your observations and regards to your experiences with our hotel. As we are constantly striving to improve our level of service we value our customers’ opinions and remarks. To ensure us of providing the expected hospitality and accommodations your observations are a vital part of this process and are therefore carefully considered.
We are starting next month with our renovation from the rooms and lobby!
We hope to welcome you again when this is ready!

Reviewed September 9, 2013

We stayed at the Hampshire hotel Rembrandt Square in September.

We arrived using the Hampshire Hotel entrance but ended up in the other side of the building for the Eden Hotel to check in. Check in was swift and staff reasonably friendly.

I think they use the Eden Reception as it's bigger than the Hampshire one.

We were directed back to where we came from for the lifts.

Our room was on the 5th floor, it was large, clean, tidy but very dark (we booked a junior suite). Whilst it had plenty of windows even with the curtains open it was still very dark.

We had tea/coffee making facilities but no milk, we don't think there was powdered milk either, we asked reception but it was late and the guy couldn't find any! We also had a coffee machine but no capsules, really couldn't be bothered to ask for them as well. Even after the maid had been still no milk or capsules for the coffee machine. The fridge didn't open and it looked like it had been locked, it required a little prising open which worked in the end. Beware if you remove anything from the mini bar it will be charged to the room. We were intrigued by the can looking object so took it off to have a look, fortunately I contacted reception to explain!

The bathroom was modern looking, very clean but had glass doors with frosting in the centre, these aren't doors as they don't fully reach the top or bottom of the frame and don't meet in the middle.

The room had aircon which is a bit of plus but you have to use it as the windows are locked.

The bed was extremely comfortable (2 singles joined together).

The shower had virtually no power to it at all!

I can't comment on the restaurant or bar as we didn't use either, we refused to pay the extortionate amount for breakfast, there are enough cafes/restaurant's nearby that serve a reasonable breakfast for €9-€12.

I would say the staff were or were not friendly or helpful but I'm not sure if they have any, we only saw people on reception there didn't appear to be anyone else around at all during our 3 night stay! I did find that at least one of the members of staff on reception to be a bit scruffy and unprofessional!

Location is great, just off the Rembrandt Square with plenty or bars, restaurants and clubs to keep you entertained in the evenings. If you want to venture further it's a 20 minute walk to the Dam square or a short tram ride. The tram stop is about 3 minutes walk away from the hotel (make sure you use the Hampshire entrance or you wont find it as easy).

Overall a nice room, lacks some attention to detail and doesn't warrant the 4 star price tag. Would I stay here again, no but would probably find something around the area.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear guest,

Thank you for your experience with our hotel!
We will use your comments carefully for also other guests!
We look forward to welcome you again!

Reviewed September 8, 2013

Receptionists are arrogant, unprofessional and uncaring.
The bathroom small and dirty.
Sheets dirty.
Room very noisy.
The only goog thing is the location close to Rembrandtplein, but it's full of very good hotel in the area so why this ?

Room Tip: choose another hotel.
1  Thank Bluelaskin

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write to Hampshire Hotel - Rembrandt Square Amsterdam with regards to your experiences with our hotel. As we are constantly striving to improve our level of service we value our customers’ opinions and remarks. To ensure us of providing the expected hospitality and accommodations your observations are a vital part of this process and are therefore carefully considered.

First of all we apologise for the inconvenience caused. We are sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with our hotel
We will use your comments to improve our level of service in these matters, thank you very much and may you have any questions please do not hesitate tot contact me!

Kind regards