WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Annemarie Hotel

Annemarie Hotel
Ranked #348 of 362 Hotels in Amsterdam
mexico
“the worst place in amsterdam”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2012

people of hotel booked the same room twice, they would want to chance us of hotel to anywhere place, but they never wanted refund the money. staff were not friendly were rude, place are dirty and expensive. it was a very bad experience. "Imagine more than 100 euros per night and they want to take the hotel" huye de este lugar

Room Tip: near the area there are better options, I recommend omega hotel
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jacob r

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Seoul, South Korea
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2012

My flight came in at 5:15 AM, which was a bit problematic because I was told I could not check in until 1 PM. However, the staff did let me leave my bags there and let me check in a bit early. Stayed in an 10 person dorm, pretty standard hostel. Sink in the room, and only one shower/toilet for all of us but it wasn't really a problem. The kitchen is decent, and the free breakfast consists of cereal, juice/tea/coffee, and bread with jam/peanut butter/nutella/cheese spread. Internet cuts out a lot but WiFi is free, and there are also 2 computers for guest use.

The location is in the museum district, and a bit of a walk to get to the red light district and the majority of the touristic spots. If you don't mind walking for extended periods of time, or paying the 2.70 euros for the tram, it's not bad. I'd probably stay here again if I could get a good price.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Fayetteville, Arkansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2012

Hotel Annemarie is a nice, clean Hostel. Located just off a main tram line from the Central Station, it is within walking distance to museums and other attractions and a short tram ride to the entertainment district and the central area (though Amsterdam is not a large city and you can walk the entire city easily, I'd been hiking quite a bit beforehand and was feeling a bit lazy). Very friendly staff and clean beds. Beds were a bit on the thin side, but I slept fine. En suite bath and the dorm I was in had a balcony. Quiet area so you can get a good nights sleep after a long day of seeing the sights.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Brisbane
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2011

My four friends and I booked this hostel. We paid extra to have a 6 person room to ourselves. Manager was unfriendly and unhelpful when we arrived. Would not let 2 of us book in without paying the whole 3 days in cash up front. Had to walk around the corner and make 3 ATM withdrawals to come up with the 600 euro required to avoid having to wait for our other friends (who were on later flights) before dropping off bags. On 2 occasions employees walked directly into room using their own key without knocking. The second time was at 9.45 am on our last morning to start allocating bunks for new guests as two of our friends were staying an extra night.

The location is also pretty average. It's down near the museum district and you have to catch trams to get into ledesplein, dam square or central station.

I will not be going back.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank cabsBrisbane
Ithaca, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2011

This was pretty much the textbook definition of a hostel. The ten person room with one bathroom was probably my one complaint. It made getting up and ready a lot more difficult but the atmosphere was great and the staff was very friendly and helpful. And the location was very accessible by tram but it was a bit of walk, definitely doable though. The breakfast was pretty good, toast with bunches of different spreads and cereal. Also pretty good coffee. However when sleeping in a 10 person room in the summer be sure to keep the door open to the outside balcony or the room will become unbearably hot.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Madrid, Spain
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2011

I was in England and I booked one room for go to Amsterdam on my holidays... Unfortunately I couldn't go because of my work. I called for cancel the room I had booked. Let me tell you that the manager of this "hotel" was the most rude person I had ever talk. He doesn't give me any solution and also they charged 100% of the price for no show!!... They stolen me 200 GBP from my account!!
Never book or go there!!.. Sure you will have best options!

• Stayed May 2010
4 Thank Carito21
Brno, Czech Republic
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2010

I was worried about this HOSTEL before leaving for Amsterdam due to the bad reviews listed on this site. As i only found this site after booking. I don't know what all the fuss is about. We arrived to a great welcome, the rooms although not amazing are fine for the purpose. We stayed in the cheapest 12 person room in the place and found it fine. The only reason i can fashion for all the bad reviews is that due to the name of the HOSTEL being 'Hotel AnneMarie'. People booking or walking in are expecting a hotel but are met with a HOSTEL. I cannot stress more that this is a HOSTEL and not a hotel. Perfect location to shops, museums, coffeeshops, supermarket and opposite a huge concert hall. The staff were always helpful and kind. They let us leave our bags there for the last day as our flight wasn't until the evening. Breakfast was basic but good. I would recommend this HOSTEL to anyone looking for a HOSTEL. If your looking for a hotel go to a hotel.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple