“very poor”
Review of Aston City Hotel

Aston City Hotel
Ranked #343 of 368 Hotels in Amsterdam

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

No elevator, cleaning rooms is a lie, staff if not nice, far away from nightlife on foot and it's expensive.
Horrible stairs to the room.
Smell of drugs in some rooms.
Rooms are too small. No sound protection.
Avoid at all costs. I recommend other hotel even it's more expensive

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 11, 2014

Checked in for a couple of days, Where do I begin? i knew not to expect too much because of the price.
Absolutely disgusting, The Chinese receptionist was too busy with the computer and the phone while we waited standing 30 mins to check in. After the 20 mins me and my partner exchanged glances wondering if its worth staying even. Anyways we decided to go for it.
Our room was on the 5th floor not even on the same building the reception was on. No lifts and the stair climbing will make your day feel really miserable.
Room is dusty , no hot water even after informing the reception on the day we checked in oh and the walls on the building we stayed have something that looks like stool stains. The ground floor stank of garbage.
Since the room were no smoking we headed to the garden area which was on the building with the reception, and to our surprise it was no smoking after 6 and was told to us very impolitely. Hope the authorities look into their license to run this place.
The only plus point is the location. You will find Dirk supermarket which is only a stones throw away and comes in handy and also no too far to the city centre.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Amsterdam hotels

Amsterdam
Reviewed November 24, 2013

We were on the 5th floor of an unstedy stairway. No lift. The room was really small. I asked for a twin and got a double. I ended up sleeping in the same bed as my 21 yr old son. There was mould on the walls in the shower, quite a lot too. There was dirty curtains up and muck on the walls. We had to check in at a different hotel. I won't be recommending it to anyone. Probably the worst place I've ever stayed in.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Amsterdam
Reviewed October 13, 2013

We booked a 3 bed room, we had separate bathroom with towels and everything. The room was clean but DON'T look outside of the windows if you are staying on the ground floor because it's full of garbage. The window was broken but it didn't bothered because it was not could outside. Somehow the fire alarm was raised but luckily was a false alarm and after 1 minute it was shut down. The bad thing is that is that if you going with car you don't have parking space and for 2 day we paid 72 euros for the parking witch is a lot!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Reviewed September 23, 2013

I get it, it was 100 Euros/night so I didn't expect too much...bed was so uncomfortable that when i laid on it, I basically slipped off the bed because there was no support. It kept caving onto the floor for where it was the heaviest - I weigh 115 pounds. My back hurt so much every morning but couldn't chance sleeping on the dirty floor. Even with that, I would haven given 2 stars but then the bathroom - oh lord. It stank like sewer and I had to keep the door closed or else the room would have reeked. But then the bathroom couldn't air out and the smell was horrendous. I had to hold my breathe while I was in the bathroom - it was that severe. We asked for another room but he said they were all the same and didn't have availability for 2 nights - we stayed for 3. On the up side, its close to everything - including Club Crystal haha - a strip joint 2 buildings down. Look elsewhere.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Yorkshire
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Three good things can be said about the Paganini/Vivaldi Hotel - everything about the room was clean, it was surprisingly quiet considering its location and it was just 5 minutes walk from the museums.
The hotel was more like a downmarket boarding house which at over £80 a night was well over priced. The single bed was awful, the curtains didn't fit the windows and there was nowhere to sit. The key failed on two occasions and help had to be summoned but this was prompt and efficient.
Can recommend the bar next door at the traffic lights for excellent food, beer and courteous, friendly service.
Only a port in a storm - there must be better for the price!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple