“Very knowledgeable”
Review of That Dam Guide

That Dam Guide
Ranked #3 of 425 Tours in Amsterdam
More attraction details
Owner description: Small group size tours. City, Red Light District, Tulips, Windmill, Cheese & Countryside Day Tours in English. Small groups of 10 people max make for the best experience of Amsterdam. We love this city and can't get enough of it and it's inspiring history, quirky facts, hidden places & feisty inhabitants. Come along on a tour and give us the chance to make Amsterdam as special for you too!
Reviewed March 29, 2014

If you are looking for an incredibly knowledgeable tour guide who will add historical and quirky Dutch facts, then Mark is your guide. He really made the city come alive and was eager to answer any question that we had. I highly recommend him.

Mark L, Owner at That Dam Guide, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2014

Many thanks for the recommendation and review, I really appreciate them very much and great to hear you enjoyed the tour!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,650)

Reviewed March 29, 2014

I highly recommend "That Dam Guide" Mark! My husband and I took his city tour last week. We maneuvered in and out of the streets and alleyways--many off the beaten path--throughout Amsterdam. We started in the historic city center where we learned about the history, architecture and the politics of Amsterdam and ended in the newer Jordaan area where we visited hidden courtyards and rested by a canal as we watched a lady feed a stork from her window. Mark really does give you a local view of his city and you never know what you'll run across while touring with him!

1  Thank Marilou S

Hi, thanks for the good review, great to hear you enjoyed the tour. The lady throwing scraps to a stork from her window was a first for me too, Amsterdam often surprises you, actually before the 'I Amsterdam' logo the city used to bill itself as 'Surprising Amsterdam', for good reason!

Reviewed March 29, 2014

My 16 yr old son and I joined Mark for a Saturday night RLD tour. Mark was a hoot! He lived in the RLD for a while and has many stories to share about living there. He has such enthusiasm, and his stories made us laugh a lot. I did a different RLD tour last year, and I enjoyed this one so much better. Mark told us everything you would ever want to know about the RLD. His personal stories added so much to the tour. I've done a lot of city walking tours around Europe and I have to say, Mark's RLD tour is at the top of the list! Sign up now!!!

Hi, thanks for the review and, happily for me, it seems like everyone is listening to you as bookings are flooding in! It was such a fun Red Light tour, a great combination of people and you definitely take the prize of coolest mum in the world!

Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

We thouroughly enjoyed the tour. Before we booked we weren't sure if it was going to be worth the money. From the begining to the end though, Mark was really engaging with the storytelling and history of Amsterdam. I came away from the tour with a sense of the evolution of Dutch culture and some memorable stories about wealthy merchants and modern activists.

Hi, thanks both for booking and leaving a review. It's great for me to hear that I've achieved my goal of telling a story of Amsterdam, rather than just speaking about things and places. :o)))

Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

The tour with mark is a "must-do" when you visit amsterdam!!!! His knowledge about this city is stunning and whatever you would like to know, he has the answer... We made the tour this morning and it was very entertaining!!! Thank you Mark!!!

It's a pleasure, thanks for booking a tour with me and also for taking time to leave a review :o)))