“Perfect! Pure luxury.”

Waldorf Astoria Amsterdam
Ranked #1 of 373 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed June 4, 2014

A truly wonderful & luxury hotel. Words aren't enough to describe our stay. Staff/concierge were very friendly, knowledgeable, helpful and polite, making us feel welcomed. Service certainly top class, could not fault. We stayed in a king suite with separate living room, understated elegance, very clean, fresh, quiet & relaxing. Food in restaurant and in-room dining was delicious. We requested pancakes at breakfast which were the best we have ever tasted across the globe, certainly recommend! My son didn't want to venture out to see the sights of the city, preferring to stay in the room or swim in the pool. A wonderful, luxury experience. Will certainly stay again and will now seek out this hotel chain whenever going abroad.

Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria
5  Thank krazymare
RobertoPayer, General Manager at Waldorf Astoria Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2014

Valued guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your wonderful impressions with us in regards to your recent stay at our hotel. I will share your much appreciated compliments with the whole team and it would be our pleasure to welcome you and your family back at Waldorf Astoria Amsterdam or one of our other properties.

Please let me know when you would like to plan your next visit and if we can be of any service.

Warmest regards,

Roberto Payer

Write a ReviewReviews (1,400)

Reviewed June 2, 2014

I think the hotel is absolutely stunning with a service to match. The hotel is like a dream, all light, fresh and chic and has a real residential feel to it. I stayed with my two sons and they also loved it. we were pampered by the staff who did an amazing job.

Room Tip: We stayed in rooms 105 and 107 and those were gorgeous rooms with views on the canal and absolutely...
3  Thank Katia324
RobertoPayer, General Manager at Waldorf Astoria Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2014

Dear Katia,

Thank you very much for your valued feedback. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with your family and that you experienced our True Waldorf Service giving by our attentive staff.

The team looks forward to welcome you back, please let me know when you would like to plan your next visit and if we can be of any service.

Reviewed June 2, 2014

We stayed @ the Waldorf Astoria Amsterdam and the hotel is breathtaking. I love the design which is contempary classic with some abstract art! The hotel feels very fresh and light as well as residential. And the staff is very well trained and makes you feel very special and they all look beautiful in their custom made Jan Taminiau outfits! I took my sons of 15 and 7 and they loved it as well. They had a great time and were treated like little kings by all the staff!

Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria
3  Thank femke a

Dear Femke,

Thank you very much for your great feedback. We are pleased to hear you loved the design of the hotel as much as we do, you enjoyed your stay with your sons and you experienced our True Waldorf Service giving by our team.

Reviewed June 2, 2014

Great decor, amazing location and impeccable service. Every little detail has been considered, from the amazing mattresses, the lush carpeting, the heated ceramic floors in the bathroom to the toiletry products. An absolute must!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Laurent L

Good afternoon,

Thank you very much for your well valued feedback. We are glad to hear you were happy with our service and location, and that you appreciated all the décor details that the hotel has to offer.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Just returned from an excellent trip to Amsterdam. Stayed at the new Waldorf Astoria. Th e Room as excellent. Large , extremely comfortable and well equipped. The bed was as comfortable a bed as I have ever slept in! with great quality linen.
The staff are naturally new to the hotel but without exception they were helpful , attentive and courteous. I begin to sound like an advert but genuinely a positive 2 nights.
If one negative was the fact that the restaurant only has 2 tables reserved for guests which meant we could not get in! Book the restaurant when booking the Hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Rob E

Dear Rob,

Thank you very much for your valued feedback. We are pleased to hear you experienced our elegant rooms and our True Waldorf Service giving by our attentive staff. I am sorry you couldn't enjoy our restaurant Librije’s Zusje Amsterdam, we would love to assist you with a reservation so you can experience our restaurant on your next visit.

The entire team looks forward to welcome you back, please let me know when you would like to plan your next visit and if we can be of any service.

Reviewed May 24, 2014

Brand new hotel, highly motivated staff, nice and competent (and efficient) concierge.
Friendly atmosphere, beautiful and peaceful garden.
We had a beautiful, silent, big room (131) and were very pleased.
The room dining menu should be improved, the regular restaurant is said to be fantastic, who don't offer their specialties (or at least a part of them) also in the room dining menu?
Some small inconsistencies - like no outlets for the hairdryer in the bathroom - or some mistakes in the room service - but the staff is helpful, quick and competent.
So we were very happy and we liked it very much!!!!
Thank you!

Room Tip: 131 Junior Suite to the garden, very calm.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank FLuisi

Good afternoon,

Thank you very much for your great feedback. We are glad to hear you were very pleased with the room and you experienced our True Waldorf Service giving by our attentive staff. We have shared your comments with our teams, which helps us to continue to develop and improve our quality in this department.

Reviewed May 18, 2014

I stayed at the Waldorf Astoria for 3 nights during a business trip to Amsterdam. I was initially given a ground floor room with a very small window. Although the room was comfortable I found it claustrophobic. After one night I asked if I could move. Within 15 minutes I was moved to a room overlooking the garden with big windows. The rooms are lovely. Everything is new - soft white towels, crisp sheets etc. Other examples of good service: I went out and forgot to lock the safe where I had left my valuables. I phoned the hotel and someone went to my room and locked the safe for me. The concierge gave me an excellent restaurant recommendation and made the booking for me late on a Saturday afternoon. She had asked the restaurant to keep aside a few tables for her guests which was fortunate because I had already tried a number of restaurants and they were all fully booked. I had to have breakfast early on the day of departure. The staff were still setting up but made me feel comfortable and ensured that I had everything that I wanted. This really is a lovely new hotel. The staff are friendly and thoughtful and go out of their way to make you feel welcome.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank jeanm965
RobertoPayer, General Manager at Waldorf Astoria Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2014

Dear Jean,

Thank you very much for your great feedback. We are pleased to hear you really enjoyed the new room that was assigned to you, and the service that was given by our staff.

The entire team looks forward to welcome you back, please let me know when you would like to plan your next visit and if we can be of any assistance in the future.