to anyone contemplating Barangay B&B, Amsterdam
Barangay B&B was at our first destination as part of a 10-day vacation, and first time in Europe. We were of course excited and a bit apprehensive about our journey and much to our pleasure found that the directions posted at their website on how to get to their place from the airport were accurate and easy to follow.
Upon arrival we were promptly and cheerfully greeted by our hosts and made to feel welcome. We appreciated the time that our hosts spent with us during our check-in to offer numerous tips and resources that made our brief stay much more enjoyable.
The accommodations were impeccable and luxurious, and we enjoyed the fact that your location is within a 30 minute or less walk from most anything worth seeing in Amsterdam.
Travelling in honor of our 25th wedding anniversary, we were accompanied by our children, both university students in their early 20's. They, as we did, thourgoughly enjoyed our too-brief stay in Amsterdam, in no small part due to this excellent B&B. Barangay was our comfortable "home base" while we explored Amsterdam, armed with knowledge and resources that our hosts very helpfully equipped us with.
We have pets and home, which our kids missed because they attend university at distance from home, so they were pleased to meet our hosts' two feline residents, flip & gogo!
All in all, we thoroughly enjoyed your B&B, both the accommodations and the hospitality. We are more than pleased to have chosen Barangay B&B over a hotel, and recommend Barangay to our friends and associates who may consider a trip to Amsterdam.
Would we stay there again? Absolutely!
If there is one critique it's that I don't recommend the upper rooms of this B&B to someone with a mobility disability, as the stairs to get to the rooms are very steep and narrow. However I understand that their are more accessible rooms on lower floors.
A tous lecteurs francophones: nous avons été chaleureusement acceuilli à la Maison d'Hotes Barangay, et nous sommes entierement satisfait de notre brève visite là au mois de mai 2007.
All the best,
Rick & Kathy C.
Iroquois Falls ON
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Award Winning Bed & Breakfast, with tropical decorated rooms in the Heart of Amsterdam, less than 5 minute leisurely walk from Amsterdam Centraal Station. Many tourist attractions are literally just around the corner. Located within the UNESCO World Heritage Site, thus the best location to explore the city and beyond. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your B&B Barangay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- b&b Barangay Hotel Amsterdam
- Bed And Breakfast Barangay