My husband and I were looking for a room near the station, due to an early morning train schedule, and found Barangay. It was perfect! Wimmo welcomed us warmly and gave us a map with all the salient areas marked. The retro music and eclectic decor made us feel right at home. Although there is no elevator, the spiraling stairs introduced us to the charms of the beautiful buildings in the Nederlands. We had the Red room on the third floor with our own very modern bathroom. A rain shower! I loved it. The shutters opened out over the neighboring balconies and rooftops. We even had swan towels on our bed when we arrived, as well as coffee/tea maker in the room. Very thoughtful. The breakfast room is the most charming one I have ever seen in our travels. Lovely china and place settings. A complete kitchen at our disposal with a stocked fridge and huge basket of fresh breads. Live orchids in our room and the breakfast room. We had a key to come and go as we pleased and the breakfast area was open before its regular time for us to use before we slipped out to catch our train. The entrance is charming, as well, with flower boxes and greenery. We highly recommend this B&B to anyone visiting Amsterdam.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Award Winning Bed & Breakfast, with tropical decorated rooms in the Heart of Amsterdam, less than 5 minute leisurely walk from Amsterdam Centraal Station. Many tourist attractions are literally just around the corner. Located within the UNESCO World Heritage Site, thus the best location to explore the city and beyond. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your B&B Barangay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- b&b Barangay Hotel Amsterdam
- Bed And Breakfast Barangay