My wife and I spent three nights at Barangay in May 2014 and recommend it those looking for good location, positively different decor of room, and a top notch breakfast, which in our case was served in our room. The host was helpful and informative (buying tickets to museums via internet to avoid lineups at entrance was one very useful bit of advice; using buses to move about town was another).
Barangay is located in a very quiet neighbourhood, yet around the corner and up a short block is Haarlem St (my translation of the proper Dutch name) with its restaurants and bars. It's only a 10 minute walk from Central Train Station.
Would recommend it to anyone who doesn't mind a free roaming, gentle black cat sharing common areas and who can manage a flight of those tight little stairs common to older dutch homes.
We would gladly stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Award Winning Bed & Breakfast, with tropical decorated rooms in the Heart of Amsterdam, less than 5 minute leisurely walk from Amsterdam Centraal Station. Many tourist attractions are literally just around the corner. Located within the UNESCO World Heritage Site, thus the best location to explore the city and beyond. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your B&B Barangay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- b&b Barangay Hotel Amsterdam
- Bed And Breakfast Barangay