New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Travel Hotel
Ranked #329 of 362 Hotels in Amsterdam
“A mixed experience”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

Our initial thoughts on the hotel were friendly staff, fairly good facilities, and clean enough rooms. Then it all went down hill.
We were told that the microwave and kettle usage was fine at any time, but the staff had to operate them for us from behind the bar, however, when it came to asking for some hot water the woman behind the desk was extremely rude and had a very reluctant attitude towards helping us which we found very off putting. If you are really too busy to be polite when being asked to use facilities that are told to be provided at all times, then there should either be an area where people can do it themselves, or don't offer the facilities. All other staff members were especially helpful and we were impressed with their level of service.
On our final night in the city there was an incident with a man being sick all of the floor, which led to us being kept up all night, when eventually the police were called (which was a slight over reaction and resolved nothing as the man continued to lock himself in the bathroom in a four hour 'shower' whilst being violently sick and flooding the bathroom.) The guy in reception was lovely and helpful when this happened, we were very glad the awful woman was not there.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Istanbul, Turkey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

I stayed only one night İn Hotel Mercure Poznan Centrum in Poland and I had to stay in a room with 30 degrees Centigrad in August since air contioning was not working. They offered me to change the room at mid night. I already opened my luggage and settled in the room so I did not accep it at this hour of the day( 23:00) I had never had such a tasteless food in the restaurant of the hotel in my life. I think the personnel was not happy and they showed it with the service(!) they offered. I called the reception many times, nobody answered, I went down stairs to the reception. I carried my luggage to my room since the personnel was too slow. I recommend no body to take this hotel in your plans for the future.

Room Tip: Don't choose this hotel
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Amsterdam hotels

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

I was well aware it was a hostel and this is the 3rd I've stayed in, in Amsterdam (this includes StayOkay Vondelpark and Hans Brinker). It's right next to Central Station and 5 minutes walk from Red Light District (I wanted to stay near Leidseplein). The room itself was OK, I was expecting to see bunkbeds so was very happy to see single beds, the bathroom clean, nice shower but wasn't very spacious. We was on the 3rd floor if I remember correctly and the stairs were very steep so if you're drunk I'd suggest you avoid walking down the stairs.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
ireland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

This was the most horrific "hotel" i have ever stayed in. How it even got the name hotel is beyond me as people should be paid to stay there as opposed to paying to stay there!! We stayed here for 3 nights and it was the worst hotel i have ever stayed in. The room itself was filthy with blood stained mattresses and cigarette burns all over them! It smelt so bad and was so dirty we slept on towels over the bed linen! I am by no means high maintenance but at the very least i expect my room to be clean! The stairways up to the rooms were tiny and filthy as were the bathrooms! It was quite expensive too considering we stayed in hostels in Berlin and Krakow that where beautiful and for only 12 euro (krakow) and 19 euro (berlin) a night!! The only reason we actually stayed here was because there was NOWHERE else to stay that had any vacancies!! I wouldn't advise anybody to stay here unless they want to be bitten to death in their beds and feel the need to have at least 2 showers a day because of the filth they were sleeping in!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank danikagreen
Cortland, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

This B&B was not at all as advertised. The pool and hot tub were not open; our room was tiny with an odor; the living room had dead spiders near the ceiling; the afternoon wine and cheese was skimpy; the outdoor furniture was not clean I have stayed in numerous B&B's and this was not pleasant. Breakfast was fine but I could not recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
New Braunfels, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

My wife and I recently spent 2 nights (July 3 & 4) at the Sleep Inn in Hattiesburg MS. While we had checked out the site before booking, we were still pleasantly surprised at the good quality of the amenities (with the one exception being the small thin bath towels). The room was nice and spacious, included wi-fi, good sized flatscreen tv, in room coffee maker, etc.
The ample breakfast and breakfast area was also a nice plus. We would definitely stay there again and would highly recommend the facility.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Byron Bay, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

We were very pleased with the location of this hostel, right near the central station and close to the red light district however the staff were incredibly rude and made it seem like a effort to help out with anything.
The rooms are very small and not well ventilated. The room lockers are so small that our backpacks barely fit inside them. However there was a nice little bar area. Wifi only strong in bar area, not in the rooms.

• Stayed July 2013