1,808 results
All reviews business park city centre tram stop minute walk nice hotel business district close to the airport public transport takes you straight number tram hotel is located bathroom door dam square long weekend booked this hotel visit amsterdam mini bar
Selected filters
Reviewed January 7, 2020 via mobile

We booked a double bed room to celebrate my birthday .we were given a twin room and told to bring proof. I went back to my room brought my iPad and showed them proof and was told to take it up with booking agency as the booking confirmation was from the booking agency and I had to stay in the twin room .I humbly tried to explain it's my birthday the next day , could they fulfill the reservation confirmation of a double room, I was told then I must speak to duty manager upgrades cost a lot of money.the duty manager spoke to me and said she could upgrade for free one night but I must pay the rest of my stay .I then explained I was not trying to get a free upgrade I just wanted a double bed so my husband and I can sleep on one bed as per our confirmation .Then 20 minutes later duty manager said she now had a double room .later in evening the Front Office manager came to apologise that our television wasn't working but he would sort it our first thing in the morning. The front Office Manager was polite and professional and gave us complimentary cocktails and apologised for early locomotion of not being given what we ordered a double bedroom . Next day we hang the please clean my room sign and went sight seeing. We arrived at 10 PM and room was not serviced. Used towels on the floor , bins full and bed not made up .I rang reception and a cheeky girl told me to define "room not cleaned or serviced today ".I asked her to send fresh towels and get duty manager phone me the towels were on floor,bed not made and bins full. She thenwent on to explain she needed these details as people think rooms are super cleaned daily that not what they do and she was the spokesperson for duty manager as he went home early today . I asked if the front Office manager could call me as he seemed to be only professional employee .The next day the reception supervisor who refused to give us double room was now duty manager . She was polite and said she would investigate why our room wasn't cleaned and leave me a note in my room .on arrival she left a note explaining that the reason was because some rooms were clean in the computer system. She didn't explain why they ignored the please clean my room sign hanging on the door since 9am till 10 PM. we were glad to check out two days afterwards. There is clearly poor leadership of the General Manager accepts these reasons , rooms in general not cleaned to standard , mirrors had splash marks on arrival , bathroom wall tiles dirty , general cleaning is below standard. As hotel General Manager for o or 10 years , I wanted to give him a reality check call but despite my request - I asked if he could contact me for feedback to avoid criticism on trip advisor but it's over two weeks no response . It's a lovely hotel but has many operational issues .I do give compliments to the chef , food was good quality , good value for money , our waiter was an older gentleman but very professional and the cocktails were well presented too. Seems at face value food and beverage team is in order but housekeeping ,maintenance and reception teams are weak even though I was impressed both Front Office and maintennace managers they must train their staff .maintenance manager fixed the TV in less than 2 minutes and previous night his assistant spend over one hour fixing and making calls to a help desk in India.

So I will rate restaurant good but hotel low below average they need to fix operational challenges and train staff on customer service and etiquette.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank mrskraus55
Reviewed December 31, 2019

Nice and big room, clean, with smart television. 5 minutes walking to the tram stop, and 20 minutes tram trip to the city center.
Little market inside the hotel, kettle with coffee and tea in the room.

Date of stay: December 2019
Reviewed December 23, 2019

The hotel had a very nice interior. Our room was beautiful and I would definitely consider it as luxurious. It was a 10-15 minute walk from the nearest tram station, therefore it was not in a great location if I am honest as it took some time to make it to the centre of Amsterdam. The surroundings of the hotel are also quite disappointing. It is surrounded by badly kept housing and a dirty river. The receptionist staff were also not excellent. When we arrived, we had to wait at least 60-90 minutes for our room to become available. We were offered a different room however this room was not what we paid for and therefore decided to wait. The staff were not too sympathetic about this. Also, when we were leaving they tried to charge us for using a European plug adapter which we did not borrow from the hotel as we brought our own. However, we managed to resolve this issue and we were not charged in the end. If room quality is important then I recommend this hotel as the room and bathroom were very luxurious however in terms of the location, it is not an amazing choice.

Date of stay: January 2019
1  Thank Chris_Browne4
Reviewed November 24, 2019

Stayed here 4 nights and could not find one fault. Made to feel so welcome upon arrival and greeted by lovely staff. Rooms were immaculate, very spacious, supplied daily with tea, coffee facilities and cleaned daily. Tram stops a 5 minute walk from the hotel and straight into central station. I would 100% recommend this hotel and would like to thank you for our stay!

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed November 18, 2019 via mobile

About 20 minutes by car from Airport
In what appears to be an industrial area.

Easy check in, Polite staff
Decent size bed room, clean sheets
Furniture not exactly the cleanest, and a bit tired looking.
Despite the " do not disturb" sign on the door, " housekeeping" came into the room and removed the second key card we had.
I did not appreciate staff ignoring my request.
Bath with Shower- not great water pressure.
Tea/ Coffee. Powder milk.
Free Toiletries.
Flat screen T.V. with good range of programmes in English.
No bottled water so need to buy your own
Breakfast is very expensive, I think note guest would have this if it was more reasonably priced.
No shops or Supermarkets close by,

Around 10 minute walk to nearest bus & tram stop, which seems much longer when its raining,
Then around 30 minutes to get to centre of Amsterdam.
Travel tickets can be purchased at reception.

Local artists display their works in the Hotel Lobby,

Would I stay here again... Probably not, due to the distance out of town, and also there is nothing to do in the hotel in the evenings, No Sauna or Pool,
Even less to do.in surrounding area.

Date of stay: November 2019