“last minute short stay”

Dutch Design Hotel Artemis
Ranked #112 of 367 Hotels in Amsterdam
“last minute short stay”
Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

My husband took me away for the weekend for some chill out R and R we stayed Friday - Sunday. the room was fairly standard not worth 200Euro/night, especially as we spend lots on transport 25-30 Euros from airport and back and forth to city centre. There are transport links running 24hrs - but a little inconvenient and time consuming - especially as we were only there for less than 48hrs and as a Londoner I am used to more regular services. It would have been better for us to have paid more and been closer to the centre.

We stayed in an executive room, it was clean, the bed was large and comfortable. Although I still feel that this hotel doesn't offer value for money and would not stay here again.

The TV didn't work - but we didn't mention to the hotel as we weren't in a room much. We tried call room service at 3am but no-one picked up the phone, we didn't eat at the hotel so unable to pass judgement on food. Standard hotel prices at bar 10 Euros for 2 bottle beers.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Asprou

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Belfast
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights at start of march. It is on outskirts of centre but transport to city centre is easy to access and frequent although we had a car. I couldn't criticise it for location as it clearly states that it isn't city centre so can't understand why people criticise it on that basis. It's as good as any 4 star I have stayed in - very similar to Radisson blu or Hilton. Excellent nights sleep, extremely clean, comfortable and good breakfast with lots of choice from hot & cold. Staff are super helpful and friendly - yes there are a lot of business & corporate types but it is located in the business district so no big shock there! Definitely recommend to those who want to be a bit outside centre. Previous reviewer moaned about security- but it's the same systems as in all good quality hotels so no concerns there either.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank t10mcc
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed March 16, 2014

It is always a good choice to stay in Hotel Artemis Amsterdam although it is far from the city center. But it is so easy to reach the city center by taking the tram line 2 which goes to Central Station.

Although Amsterdam has great choices of international cuisine, the kitchen of the hotel offers you fusion food alternatives if you are enough with eating less :)

The Wi-Fi is free of charge and the reception is good.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 2, 2014

I have been a 'long staying' guest for just over four months!
It is like a second home. The staff are amazing and make a huge difference.
The service is second to none, especially in the restaurant and on reception.

Room Tip: I like the 8th floor because it's quiet. Ask for a room which has had the floors sanded and res...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 27, 2014

This is a wonderful hotel, with a reception area, bar and restaurant all filled with art and quirky furniture. The room was clean, with everything we needed, but was nothing special. The bathroom door was glass, had no lock and had a huge gap all the way round, very odd and not very private - my friend and I thought it was funny but it could present a problem for shy people!! We had breakfast at the hotel - a very good Hot/cold buffet with plenty of choice.
The location of the hotel is perfect for the business traveller as it is in the business district. There are no local amenities for tourists and it is about 20 minutes to the city centre by tram. However, the area feels very safe, even at night, the trams are frequent and the tram stop is a 5/10 minute walk from the hotel.
I would certainly consider staying here again, but it's a shame it's not closer to the city centre.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank janmay512
Kingston upon Thames, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 12, 2014

We stayed for a weekend recently and found it quite pleasant. It’s modern and had some nice design features in our room. I liked the artwork on display too. We didn’t go down to breakfast (which was included), but the dining room looked fine and staff in the adjoining bar area were friendly. This was out first time in Amsterdam (we will go back – lovely place), so it’s a bit hard to make comparisons. For us, the pillows were over-stuffed and very uncomfortable. My wife thought the room could use a good clean. For me, it was too warm (despite the reverse a/c), but in fairness every place we visited seemed to have the heating up very high! It is certainly convenient to the Airport (€25 by taxi) and only a short walk to the nearest tram stop (Line 2). I think next time we will look for a character hotel a bit closer to a canal or view.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank always-the-tourist
Paramaribo, Suriname
Reviewed February 9, 2014

From outside this hotel looks great. The interior is very chique, Just like the boutique hotels. I won this stay via hotelkamerveiling.nl and I had the highest bid. Check-in was OK. After I went to the room I sensed a strange smell in the room. The shower didn't work and the trash bin in the shower still had trash from the previous guests. I reported this to the front desk and they gave me another room. When I was in the room I heard someone opening the door, first I thought it was the housekeeping to assist me with the shower, but instead it was another guest. The front desk sorted everything out and I give them a big thumbs up for handling problems.Overall I had a great stay. The bus stop is behind the hotel, so that is a plus. And on the main road the stop to schiphol.

Room Tip: Always choose a higher room.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo