“The Arrogance of Success: eu 450”
Review of De Bijenkorf

and up
Private Transit Tour: Amsterdam City Tour with Luxury Vehicle
Ranked #60 of 535 things to do in Amsterdam
Reviewed May 19, 2014 via mobile

Went all the way to the topfloor to buy a matching 450 euro Mont Blanc fountainpen. First member of staff suggested i walk with her to find the person for the section where i was waiting for service. Upon my hesitation to follow she went herself to get someone. The next employee told me he knew nothing about the pens so he suggested his collegue who knew everything about it. Ok i waited. The older lady who arrived could hardly answer the questions i had about the pen selected. I the told the staff i wanted the 450 euro pen but one fresh from the box and not from the display. This was not possible as there was only one pen. I indicated that it might be better for me to go to another store. They agreed and not even took the trouble to suggest they order me a new pen from Mont Blanc. For first time on 20 years I shop here I strongly doubt i will ever go back if i can avoid it.

Reviewed May 17, 2014

There's a really nice way of shopping here. There's parking space underneath the stores, though it is a bit expensive, it's a really quick way to see some parts of town.
There are a lot of shops present in the building, but they're almost all brands, so they're average or high priced.

1  Thank EvyDB
Reviewed May 3, 2014

Whenever I am in Amsterdam I always make a point of coming to this store - it really is fabulous; especially the restaurant area. There is so much to choose from and everything is delicious and freshly cooked. And it is so clean even though it is always full. I like the store because it has things I wouldn't see back in Blighty! It is no more expensive that our own illustrious stores and as for the staff, they could not have been nicer and more helpful. Being disabled and walking with a walking stick, it means a lot of me that the staff are helpful... and they were, very! Actually come to think of it, it has a bit of John Lewis in it too which means it has four of our best stores in one area! A real winner then!!

2  Thank Karen A
Reviewed May 1, 2014

Upscale department store on Dam square. Good selection of brands, it's a bit pricey but if that's not a problem you're all set.

As a side note, the toilets are fresh, clean and free. So it might be wort a visit even if you are just having a look around.

Can recommend.

1  Thank flyingfinn1234
Reviewed April 30, 2014 via mobile

Omg! I adore this department store.......all the designer brands we wish we could afford. I did get jimmy choo....perfume not shoes an the lady was so lovely even through some samples in the fancy bag. You have to go have a look even if its to get warm on a chilly day