Open today: 8:00 AM - 1:00 AM

from $45.90
More Info
from $22.90
More Info
All reviews coffee shop space cakes spice cake the red light district brownie coffeeshop tobacco beer canal
Reviewed 5 days ago

I am negatively surprised by the staff of the Bulldog...it was my second time now and the second time I have had a bad experience with the service. I can imagine that it's not easy working there but don't let it out on your customers, the ones who actually make your business thrive! Time for management to step in and teach their employees some basic values.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Visited with a group of friends, ordered a beer expecting €14 change, lady at the downstairs Heineken bar at the back of the place handed me €4 and instantly shot off collecting glasses so I couldn’t have a chance to query the missing €10! I waited a few minutes at the bar for her to return, she sheepishly did as I presume she was hoping I’d have gone away and not noticed! I explained she forgot to give me the €10, she claimed she gave it to me and asked me to check my pockets! Eventually she gave me the missing money and then had the cheek to say she wouldn’t serve me anymore! We left shortly after, if you visit this place CHECK YOUR CHANGE and expect some rude staff!

1  Thank elmof
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I have been going for 30 years never again very aggressive staff against my disabled daughter I will never return disgusting

1  Thank barrywaynejewellery
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I would never visit this place again, the staff were friendly except for one. He destroyed the whole experience for me and actually got me quite angry! Seemed to be some type of a boss and as this was the only cafe or pub that I seen with security I can see why! I can only assume he was some kind of boss but his attitude was a disgrace...

1  Thank danbrosnan
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Place is famous for no reason, you don’t have single reason to visit ; not a good bar, not a good coffeeshop, not a good restaurant.
Way better options are there in town!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Visited a couple of times last weekend. Both times we had to be patient and wait for a seat as place was very busy. There is a constant stream of people in and out of the doors so this is not a place where you are going to find a big comfy sofa where you can bunker down for a long while.

Staff were super helpful going through all our questions prior to us buying. Pre-rolled and space cakes all up for sale although the cakes had little effect on my friends (i did not try)

Decent music on offer, wouldn't recommend to an experienced coffeeshop visitor though as too much going on

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I visited almost a dozen coffee shops while in Amsterdam and Bulldog was not among my favorites. The staff seemed a little bit haughty for my liking.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The space cakes are €7 and had no effect at all on any of the 8 of us who had one. Staff were super friendly.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Prime location on canals and within red light district. Nice for a drink and smoke but does feel like a proper hothouse with all the fumes. Staff were nice enough based on the fact tourists overrun the place. We went in afternoon so easier to find a seat. Other stores on chain seem bigger but didn’t actually go to try our!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We went to the Cafe & Lounge Bar - we sat outside for food and inside for a space cake. We only had half a space cake each because we were warned to be careful and it had no effect (have the whole thing), it tasted really good though. The inside was really cosy and cool, but you have to buy your own filters and papers here unlike other coffee shops. The Bulldog is more expensive and touristy than local coffee shops but it was a fun experience.

There wasn't a wide selection of food, but my friend had the tomato, basil and mozzarella panini and said it was delicious. I had a smoothie and coffee which were very good.
(FYI: One veggie option with cheese, not vegan food options except fries.)