“dropped a notch from previous reviews ...”

Beer Tasting Room Arendsnest
Ranked #14 of 285 Nightlife in Amsterdam
More attraction details
Owner description: Proeflokaal Arendsnest serves nothing but beer from Dutch breweries. Dutch beer only! Everyday open from 12:00 AM
Manchester, United Kingdom
726 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 353 helpful votes
“dropped a notch from previous reviews ...”
Reviewed March 27, 2014

.. as e.g. they have over the last 2-3 years got much more keen over asking for "last orders" earlier and earlier..I don't mind being asked what I want for my last drink at 11.40 but tonight it was 11.30 and then 5 minutes later, they put industrial strength cleaning fluid on the draining trays on the bar - and yes, the barstaff did wear rubber gloves (seriously) - that we were all forced to move away from the bar with our drinks. And yes, the bar staff were told about this but just said that they had to clean the bar.

Yes, great beer list but hell, the drinker should not be forced to feel so unwelcome.

Visited March 2014
Peter v, Eigenaar at Beer Tasting Room Arendsnest, responded to this review, March 30, 2014
Sorry to hear that! We are working at it. Some crew stop to earlier and clean to soon.
Next time you will visit us let me know and we will give you a nice beer of the house.
and last round will be just be before 0:00 and after 0:30 they are allowed to clean the bar.

Cheers

Peter van der Arend
Owner

• Turkish first
Colchester, Essex
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“THE place for Dutch Beer”
Reviewed March 27, 2014

When visiting Amsterdam if you want Dutch beers this is the place to come. It is we think unique in Amsterdam for selling only Dutch beers, no Belgium beers or indeed any other countries beer. It has a large selection on tap and many more in bottles. The staff are very well informed and friendly and will help you with your choice if asked. It can get very busy but is worth persevering.

Hereford, United Kingdom
67 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 65 helpful votes
“Genuine Dutch Beerhouse”
Reviewed March 27, 2014

If you enjoy drinking excellent beer in a friendly atmosphere go here.
The beers are excellent and there were about 30 on draught. The barmen we friendly, happy to help with advice or a sample of a beer.

belfast
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“A beer lovers paradise”
Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

Only spent a few hours at arendsnest on a Friday night and intended to go back but never got round to it during my stay...gutted!

The bar is a nightmare to find and surprisingly, considering its reputation, none of the locals seemed to have heard of it when we asked for directions

I tried about 4 or 5 beers - all impressive and recommended by the staff...

I'd recommend spending an evening here working through the beers - it's an impressive selection...the decor is narrow and very old style but you're not there for its style

Recommended!

Concord, Massachusetts
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Don't overlook the Jenever”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

I didn't have any beer here; I just drank Jenever. The quality and selection are equally impressive, and for me, at least, the flavors are more rarefied. I had a 15-year sample that tasked like anejo tequila, and another aged in a sherry cask that tasted like armagnac. Both were very well made. I really appreciate a place the focuses on local production - too much of the world looks the same.

My only complaints were that there wasn't that much available to eat, and the bartender said that she was going to give us tastings (lower amount at lower price), but charged the full amount even when the glasses were served half full.

For the little food that we did get to eat, I recommend the spiced nuts, but not the mixed cheese plate. The 2-year-old cheese is the only one that's worth the trouble.

Visited March 2014
Peter v, Eigenaar at Beer Tasting Room Arendsnest, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Hi,

Can you please contact us? peter@meerbier.nl
We serve only in one size
so I want to now what went wrong?

Cheers