“Excellent brunch cafe with warehouse feel”
Review of Hutspot

Hutspot
Ranked #1,471 of 3,860 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Neighborhood: De Pijp
Neighborhood: De Pijp
“Excellent brunch cafe with warehouse feel”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

I stumbled across this place around the corner from my hotel, it has a large shopping space in the basement with a very chic warehouse feel with lots of lovely things to buy from up and coming designers. Upstairs is a cafe set on an open floor space with tables and couches, you can get take away or if you just sit yourself down they have table service. Food is mainly a selection of breakfast, sandwiches and salads, with coffee and fresh juices. I had the veggie sandwich toasted with a caramel latte followed by a beetroot cake. The food was all excellent quality, the oval shaped european type bread in the sandwich was proper tasty and not too heavy, the coffee was gorgeous, and the cake soft and moist. I was eyeing up the people next to me having an open sandwich which equally looked yummy, all beautifully presented on wooden boards. I sat in here for a couple of hours soaking up its buzzy atmosphere without being hurried and staff were happy to talk to me in English, I think I fell in love with the place, its a little out of the way from the centre of town, but I think its worth the effort.

• Visited October 2013